Website Content Strategist, Grade 7
External Relations - Communications and Marketing
Position Number: 122889
Competition Number: 176
Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA) - Temporary Position
Do you know what content should go where on a page? How to simplify large paragraphs of content for the average user? And how to build websites with the end user in mind?
We're looking for someone with a knack for interpreting digital strategies and leading the creation of new websites. The website content strategist will be involved in reviewing strategies and making recommendations on website layouts, prioritizing content and testing websites prior to launch. The successful candidate will also have the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
Key skills we're looking for:
- Able to project manage multiple projects simultaneously (and use project management tools)
- Experience working with developers and designers
- Experience working with content management systems
- Excellent knowledge of user-centred design and current web design standards
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics and standard SEO practices
The Website Content Strategist works with departments and faculties across SFU to create Faculty and Departmental websites using a standards-based, user-centred approach to web design. The website strategist oversees testing and launch of the site, client training, and acts as a subject-matter expert for website design, development and maintenance. Coordinates the work of team members to build websites using branded templates and applies best practices and strategies for web writing, usability and SFU brand standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Arts or Communications and three years of related experience in being involved in creating user-friendly, mobile-responsive, online community-focused, interactive websites, web analytics, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with project management platforms (Asana, Basecamp, JIRA, etc.).
- Experience managing and developing enterprise websites for a large organization.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centred design, current web design standards, trends and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager).
- Good knowledge of design applications (e.g., Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator).
- Good knowledge of front-end web development (i.e., HTML and CSS).
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform and multi-device issues (i.e., optimizing text, graphics limitations).
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics and standard Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading projects, communicating project statuses, and completing deliverables.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
Salary Range: $54,900 to $65,561 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Position End Date: 1 year