Do you love working on impactful strategy and the opportunity to get hands on to execute these ideas? Can you put yourselves in the shoes of your audience and think about their journey? Are you excited to grow as a marketer while passing on your experience to mentor your team members? For you, metrics and data don’t just help measure success, they help you build bigger and better campaigns — and that’s exactly what you’ll have the chance to do at Thinkific!
As Thinkific's Demand Generation Manager (CRM and Funnel), you will build and oversee how we communicate, what we communicate, and when we communicate our marketing and sales messages to our customers. This will be done through various marketing channels, such as webinars, in-product, and a large percentage of email. You know how to create unique and conversion-driven marketing strategies and run experiments to identify what works (and what doesn't). You’ve likely dabbled in a bit of everything in past roles, but you’re passionate about conversion optimization, lifecycle marketing, CRM segmentation, and ultimately, helping potential customers solve a problem.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute a measurable multi-touch and integrated demand generation strategy that convert leads to Thinkific users, increase product engagement among existing users, and drive free users to become paid customers
- Diligently analyze and optimize marketing performance to drive conversions. You love data at your core!
- Work with various marketing stakeholders to create and optimize the ideal customer journeys and segments in order to build customer lifecycle marketing programs and relevant nurture flows
- Develop and execute our conversion rate optimization strategy across our website, landing pages and email campaigns
- Support the execution of customer marketing and customer support related communication from various departments
- Manage the growth and performance of our marketing database, overseeing metrics like email conversion performance, email deliverability, and database growth
- Ensure our marketing initiatives meet and maintain regulatory and compliance standards
- Manage and mentor a growing team of marketers focused on demand generation and email
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 5+ years of marketing experience, with 2+ years in email and marketing automation
- Demonstrate 3+ years experience hiring, growing and coaching a high performing team
- Be a strategic partner with the ability to develop program strategy and communicate results to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience managing CRMs, segmenting customer personas, and mapping customer journeys to successfully nurture customers to conversion
- Possess ample experience collaborating with multiple business lines and marketing stakeholders in order to design, execute, and optimize successful email campaigns, product launches, events, and nurture flows
- Take a strong data-driven approach to marketing campaigns and marketing automation. You’ve previously queried data, derived actionable insights, and built strategic email plans that impacted overall conversion metrics and sales
- Show advanced experience creating and optimizing marketing programs across various customer personas and their respective customer journeys
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Can demonstrate past wins and nurturing a large number of consistent, relevant customers
- Can plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, open rate, analytics, A/B testing and acquisition funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
- Possess strong technical prowess and working knowledge of how various marketing automation systems both operate and integrate together — for example, how email systems integrate with chatbots and CRM systems
- Have experience managing strong email deliverability and managing email compliance regulations (such as CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR)
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company (ideally during a high growth stage)
- Have direct experience with marketing automation tools such as ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, or Marketo, as well as CRMs such as Salesforce or Hubspot
- Already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!