- Do you have experience in both Website Design and Graphic Design?
- Don't miss this opportunity to work with an industry leader!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and bonus program!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry. For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, SSI is looking for a Website & Graphics Designer to join their Sales & Marketing team in Victoria, BC.
The majority of your work will be in web design, where you will re-design and maintain the company website applying the most up to date technology and combine advanced skills in the use of software tools like InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
You will also complete some graphic design work, where you will be responsible for producing graphic art, layout, and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media.
You will possess:
- A college or university diploma in Website design or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- The ability to write, modify and debug software for websites for multiple platforms (eg. mobile)
- The ability to write code to generate web pages
- The ability to test and document software for websites
- High-Level CMS experience
- An understanding of SEO and website analytics including click-through implementation and analysis
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, FTP, and Microsoft Office
- In-depth knowledge of up to date web-design trends and techniques
- Experience in ensuring creative elements are in line with brand requirements
- The ability to create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, print media, company logos, product design displays and productions
The following are considered assets:
- Progressive Profiling and Content Surfacing knowledge (eg. HubSpot)
- Experience using and designing web pages using “personalization” technology (eg. Evergage)
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms, scheduling and user engagement
- Audio/Video Editing experience
- Knowledge of Internet Information Server, Server 2003, Server 2008, and DNS
- Creativity with graphics and various types of media
- Experience in managing projects or various size and scope
- Organizational and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple departments and multiple cultures
- Experience in Maximizer CRM
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Please note: you must be a Canadian or US citizen and be based in, or willing to relocate to, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in order to be considered for this role.
If you have a creative and artistic eye, this could a great opportunity for you to use your technical skills with an industry leader!
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!