BCIT acknowledges that our campuses are located on unceded Indigenous land belonging to the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) Nations.
BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equity and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. As such we strongly encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. Persons with disabilities who require accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We embrace innovation that is ignited by imagination and creativity, and that seeks to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do and to accomplish measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and uphold a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, shape BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT's Marketing and Communications department is currently seeking a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) Manager, Marketing Automation. This role directs the operational and administrative functions of marketing automation in the recruitment phase of the student journey using the Institute’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. Leads the assessment, selection and implementation of a marketing automation solution, ensuring prospective students receive personalized, timely, and actionable communications along their journey. Develops and implements comprehensive strategic campaigns which further the objectives of the Institute’s CRM, recruitment, and marketing strategies. Liaises with various departments utilizing the CRM to ensure overall marketing and recruitment communications are consistent, effective, timely, and coordinated. Leads on the Institute social media strategy and email campaigns. Ensures marketing and lead capture strategies are strictly implemented and CRM data is precisely analyzed to inform future recruitment efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Participates as a member of the Marketing and Communications management team, providing input to development of strategies, advising and making recommendations on key decisions, and sharing responsibility for departmental achievements and success.
- Participates in the selection of the Institute’s CRM and marketing automation systems, and coordinates automation implementation including research, communication, development, collaboration, and consultation with CRM initiative leads, Marketing and Communications specialists, IT Services, staff in other departments including our Schools and Registrar’s Office, and a broad range of stakeholders at various levels throughout the Institute.
- Oversees and leads organic social media strategy of Institute-level channels, managing the social media team. Develops and refines customer personas and journey mapping that will inform marketing automation and messaging, lead generation and nurture, and customer acquisition.
- Directs and develops drip campaign strategy, frameworks, and templates. Oversees and contributes to the creation and distribution of effective emails, developing and maintaining accurate lists, creating optimized templates, lead scoring and journeys.
- Leads training and oversees application of CRM databases and automation for drip campaigns, journey mapping, and persona building by Marketing & Communications for recruitment, which includes customized messaging across a complex organization and diverse prospective student perspective.
- Ensures compliance with industry, privacy regulations and best practices. Manages creation and documentation of best business practices for marketing automation ensuring user compliance.
- Develops CRM automations and triggers based on pipeline stages for recruitment and marketing strategies. Ensures CRM automation recruitment projects align with the overall marketing and recruitment strategies, and assists in planning scope, timelines, and resources.
- Participates with Marketing & Communications and other internal stakeholders on recruitment strategies and implementation, to create multi-channel, CRM-centered recruitment campaigns, including email marketing. Maintains and establishes strong relationships with other departments by liaising with stakeholders to understand their marketing and communications needs as they relate to the CRM recruitment initiatives and develop appropriate strategy for implementation.
- Works closely with CRM users to ensure consistent branding, design, and relevant content for email marketing campaigns for recruitment, marketing, and other key stakeholders. Ensures recruitment messages are processed according to schedule and targeting the right audience.
- Ensures CRM data quality through collaboration on developing and implementing procedures for improving the integrity of contact and entity data in the CRM, reviewing data as required. Manages content of MarComm-issued recruitment communications including resolution of customer complaints, stakeholder engagement, providing recommendations and solutions.
- Oversees compilation and analysis of recruitment analytics and provides reports and insights for Marketing & Communications and other Institute stakeholders. Coordinates internal staff presentations on recruitment automation processes, initiatives and best practices throughout the Institute.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices. Participates in selection committees for the procurement of services and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent discipline. Additional education in digital marketing is an asset.
- Exceptional people leadership skills with recent experience managing a team in a fast-paced marketing communications department with expertise in marketing automation, email and social media marketing.
- Minimum five years’ experience within a technical marketing communications role with minimum two years’ demonstrated experience leading CRM application implementation and management, including marketing automation and customer acquisition (lead generation and nurture, implementation/development/management of drip marketing).
- Excellent ability to understand and action marketing lifecycles, establish customer relationship management at scale, and drive acquisition/engagement KPIs.
- Advanced analytical and reporting mindset with experience creating and executing on plans based on internal data and consumer behaviour research.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), with strong ability in writing effective and compelling messaging including developing journey maps, personas and drip campaigns.
- Proficiency with CRM databases and effective content management.
- Strong project management skills in managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Advanced planning skills with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and manage a high volume of tasks, deadlines, and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated proficiency in collaboration and facilitation skills in cross-functional teams responsible for development and execution of innovative business solutions.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Eligibility for partial remote work upon Institute approval
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!