About Urban Gate
As a family owned and operated business, Urban Gate strives to provide the highest quality and freshest menu and grocery items to you and everyone you care about. Opened in 2010 Urban Gate began as a Persian inspired grocery store and restaurant.
Today Urban Gate offers both a full service Bar & Grill as well as high quality boutique market located in the heart of the Tri-Cities, near Coquitlam Centre Mall. Urban Gate Bar & Grill always offers fresh, fast and healthy options for all customers. Urban Gate Market, located directly beside the Bar & Grill, is a full service grocery store offering butcher services, bakery and fresh produce.
We are looking for a highly motivated web and social media designer to join our community, someone creative, with a brilliant working attitude. Please check our website here: www.urbangate.ca to get to know our business more.
You will have these minimum requirements:
- 1 year of experience in designing, developing and implementing web pages and applications
- A college / post secondary certificate or diploma in a Web Development program at a known college or institute.
- Awareness of screen design behaviours, including typography, colour, and image rendering
- A solid understanding of web usability
- Excellent knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign,
- Familiar with Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Wordpress
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Experience in Social Media / Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Pinterest, etc.)
- Comfortable using both macintosh and PC computer systems
- Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
- Accurate, highly organized, costumer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, flexible team player and creative problem solver
- Can work under minimum supervision
- Having an online portfolio
Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide strategic planning and team leadership to the unit in developing and maintaining digital communication products
- Monitor and manage the performance, stability and reliability of the website and associated data
- Edit and Modify the content of our existing website accordingly
- Create and develop innovative content and graphic designs (banners, posts and artworks) and distribute them across our social media platforms and website on daily basis
- Optimize our website for search engines and test it for security and accuracy
- Communicate with department heads (Restaurant, Bakery, Produce, Deli & Grocery) and engage in new projects to gain information on our upcoming events and promotions and apply the appropriate actions
- Fulfill project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Attend our weekly meetings and present your weekly reports and statistics for both our website and our social networking accounts
- Report to operations manager
- Commercial photography experience is a big plus (mostly food photography)
- Experience in Email design and using Email marketing service providers like MailChimp
- Having a marketing and/or communications background is an asset
- Speaking and Writing in Persian/Farsi language is an asset but not necessary