The Canada Media Fund (CMF) fosters, develops, finances and promotes the production of Canadian content and applications for all audiovisual media platforms. The CMF guides Canadian content towards a competitive global environment by fostering industry innovation, rewarding success, enabling a diversity of voice and promoting access to content through public and private sector partnerships. The CMF receives financial contributions from the Government of Canada and Canada’s cable, satellite and IPTV distributors. Please visit cmf-fmc.ca.
The CMF is hiring a Web Producer to join the team in the Toronto office.
The Web Producer supports the organization’s communications objectives by developing and maintaining public-facing bilingual websites (cmf-fmc.ca,eyeoncanada.ca, trends.cmf-fmc.ca, crowdfunding.cmf-fmc.ca, ar-ra14-15.cmf-fmc.ca), and the organization’s intranet, as well as supporting the implementation of a digital marketing plan including direct marketing and gathering and analyzing related metrics. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, update, and maintain Web content in content management system, monitor (quality control) content on live site and trouble shoot issues.
• Analyze metrics using Google Analytics and other recognized tools.
• Create, test and deploy email campaigns through Campaign Monitor.
• Participate in developing project requirements, technical specifications, business needs and timelines and is involved in managing all aspects of web development process.
• Provides design / art direction for online ads and corporate documents.
• Manages ongoing relations with external vendors and third party service providers.
• Provides technical support to internal and external clients.
• Implement various activities detailed in the communications plan related to online communications (external and internal).
• Responsible for managing the development (i.e. content and design) of cmf-fmc.ca and a promotional site including work back schedules and budgets:
o Track communications projects to support timely completion of materials.
o Coordinate content development across departments.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Excellent working knowledge of diverse CMS, with preference for Expression Engine and WordPress.
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in web design
- 2 – 5 years of experience in web development, design and content management. Excellent project management skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrive on change and constant improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Prezi, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.
- Experience working in a bilingual environment and working knowledge of both official languages is an asset.