The Web Interface Designer uses creativity to design and develop web-based projects within company guidelines. Collaborating with the Ecommerce merchandising team, the Web Interface Designer gains a thorough understanding of project requirements, creates an appropriate visual strategy for the graphical user interface, and sees the design through to detailed pixel specifications. Our Web Interface Designers work as valued members of a team that is dedicated to ensuring our sites meet the highest quality and content standards.
Website Creative/ Maintenance
- Designs and implements creative and effective web user interface layouts for online marketing materials, interactive flash animations and banners that fits brand standards and business strategies.
- Creates web page designs that accommodate both English and French copy.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues with assistance.
- Completes mockups and implements designs under tight and changing deadlines.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects within given deadlines.
Customer Service and Communication
- Maintains effective working relationship with rest of web team, internal clients and co-workers from other departments.
- Coordinates with Web Developer(s) when implementing UI elements to existing/new code.
- Communicates clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with stakeholders to incorporate their requirements into the web creative.
- Keeps clients informed throughout the design & development process & follows up upon completion of a project
All requirements are based on 2+ years of web interface design experience and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Software: Adobe Creative Suit, Apple OS, Windows OS
- Understanding of cross browser compatibility issues, SEO
- Excellent on time and project management
- Experience in Mobile and large e-commerce web site development is an asset
- Experience in Asp.net and C# web development is an asset
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Applicants must submit a sample of work or portfolio to be considered for this position
- Web or Multi-Media / Graphic Design Degree is required