As a Web/Graphic Designer at Latitude Geographics, you’ll have an integral role in making internal development projects and external client projects a success. From creating new brands to designing software interfaces, you’ll find each day provides new creative challenges and experiences.
We’re looking for creativity, talent, and attention to detail. This position requires a combination of big picture creative vision and specific skills to make your vision a reality. You’ll work with a team of exceptional software developers to help develop and deliver cutting edge technology.
As a web-based geography company, knowledge of GIS and Internet mapping is a big asset, but we’re primarily interested in core skills. You can learn what we do.
In-house duties may include:
- Brand/iconography design and development
- Storyboard user interfaces to optimize user experience/usability
- Hands-on coding, structuring and styling of user interfaces (front-end development)
- Work with backend developers to implement user interfaces
- Assist with planning of marketing campaigns and mediums
- Design of advertisements and promotional materials (printed and digital)
- Administration and design of corporate website.
Client-specific duties may include:
- Work directly with clients to assess their needs and meet their requirements
- Design customized interfaces for mapping applications based on client needs
- Write and implement help content for customized applications
- Create custom graphics/user interfaces for client applications
- Gathering and incorporating client feedback on user interface and application design
- Creativity, talent, attention to detail.
- Demonstrable skills in visual communication, layout, typography, iconography, color harmony, branding & UI design.
- Knowledge in multiple form factor, cross-device, and cross-platform usability, development, and testing is an asset.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Adobe Flex Builder 3 or Expression Blend is an asset.
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies is an asset: JSP, Java, Microsoft .NET, ArcIMS, ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of geography, GIS, and Internet mapping an asset.