This position creates digital media for internal and external communications, media relations and community engagement purposes. Using video, audio, photography and other digital media, this position enhances TRU's digital, rich-media and visual storytelling initiatives. This position also strategizes on the best practices for use of digital content for campus initiatives and to enhance social media.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and produce video, audio and photography for marketing campaigns, media relations and campus/community engagement purposes which includes video/audio preproduction, production, and post-production.
a. Preproduction duties include: helping achieve a desired focus for media pieces and acquiring equipment, talent, production crew, physical locations, and appropriate legal clearances
b. Production duties include: operating video, audio, and lighting equipment; directs the production session; coordinates all aspects of the shoot procedures
c. Post-production duties include: capturing, logging, and editing the media; works with the Marketing and Communications Team to incorporate graphics, music, and other stylized aspects to complete a professional media product
- Create strategies for using video, audio, photography and other digital media in marketing efforts.
- Distribute digital media on the web and on social networks such as YouTube, iTunes, flickr and other rich-media platforms.
- Supports, recommends and design and execute digital marketing and communications campaigns and strategies.
- Evaluate and demonstrate new video, audio, photography and other media technology as it becomes available for the purpose of determining how these can benefit TRU.
- Coordinate and maintain the video, audio, and still photography equipment, including selecting and purchasing of new equipment.
- Coordinate and inspect the production of digital media by external agencies.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Manager of Web Strategy
- Relevant post-secondary 2 year diploma, in journalism, communications, film or other relevant areas of study
- Five years' related experience including:
- Extensive experience with professional film, television, or web video production
- Producing and editing high-quality content for rich media communications platforms, such as YouTube
- Experience implementing digital media into marketing and communication strategies
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Demonstrated success in qualifying and quantifying results of communication strategies
- Photography skills including composition and adaption to multi-media formats
- Ability to engage audiences in order to expand the University's profile worldwide
- High degree of understanding of how to amplify the TRU experience with relevant and engaging content
- Demonstrated knowledge in current events, particularly as they relate to TRU and higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of video and photo editing systems including Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- Working knowledge of audio and video streaming technologies and a thorough understanding of editing, encoding and the digitizing process
- Detail oriented with a strong design style and commitment to quality
- Organizational skills, including ability to participate in complex projects, set and meet timelines, and focus on institutional objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Adept at working effectively in teams with members possessing diverse skill sets, experience and ways of working
- Sitting at a computer and audio-visual equipment for a long period of time
- Outside or indoors operating cameras and organizing shoots
- General office conditions
- Travel required local and regional
- Ability to lift weights up to 10 kg.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!