You – live and breathe creative graphic design & web experiences. You create eye-popping visuals that engage consumers with brands and drive them to buy. You work well with others in a collaborative environment. You want to work for a dynamic, exciting company where you can grow and contribute to the long-term value of a brand. You won’t settle for anything less than awesome. Average designers need not apply.
- Support the execution for online & offline marketing programs including banners, rich media executions, sites, online content and other applications
- Effectively interpret project needs and translate them into compelling visual designs
- Contribute to the design of web interfaces using techniques based on usability theory and concepts related to creating visual flow
- Combine design theory, and take into consideration content, navigational structure and usability issues to create a powerful and integrated experience
- Apply your deep understanding of typography, illustration, storyboarding and iconography when working on web projects
- Work within project schedules and execute well under tight deadlines
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure your designs are consistent with expectations and overall project goals
- Stay current on visual design techniques and maintain software tools. Using the latest techniques and technology to expand the company’s reputation as a leader in online retail
Required Skills and Experience:
- A mind-blowing portfolio of your design work that demonstrates creative flair
- A related Design / New Media Diploma from an established school and/or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- A GDC designation is strongly recommended.
- You are an expert at relevant design software particularly Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience applying theories related to color schemes, use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow
- You understand and are able to create content specification and design guidelines
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Demonstrates a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team and will be driven to enhance your creative and technical skills
- An understanding of the marriage between design freedom and business requirements
- Loves to learn
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure
- Sense of humor
- Must love unicorns (or other mystical creatures)
- Employee Share Ownership Plan – company matches contributions 100%
- Extended medical benefits
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation, after 2 years of employment – 3 weeks paid vacation, after 4 years of employment – 4 weeks paid vacation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Translink Employer Pass Program (discounted transit pass)
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Group activities (past events: paintball, beach BBQ, Playland, dinner cruise)
- Chance to drive a Prius for 3 months
- Discounted gym membership
- Refer a friend and get $500!
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly Contacts is a Canadian owned and operated company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it.
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.