Vancouver Institute of Media Arts (VanArts) is hiring for an experienced freelance web designer or business owner to teach between 2 - 3 classes per week in our downtown Vancouver location as part of our 1 year program for web design, development, and business.
The ideal candidate will have have the following:
- More than 3 years of experience in web site design & development
- Have experience running your own freelance web business
- Have worked on several real world websites and dealt with clients directly
- Have a solid understanding of typography for graphic design and the web
- Understand the basics of online marketing and business and be comfortable teaching classes about that
- Experience with website project managment (wireframes, sitemaps, research, mock-ups, etc)
- Have had formal education in Graphic design, business, or web design
- An understanding of the basics of SEO and Inbound Marketing
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- High proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Experience working with and teaching students is advantegeous
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
Some of the classes you'll potentially be teaching will be:
- Graphic design theory and introduction
- Graphics and typography for the web
- Basics of online business and social media
- The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule (either be a freelancer or run their own business) as the class schedule changes every 3 months.
- Your classes will be about 2-3 hours each class and you'll have 2 - 3 classes per week depending on classes and terms you're teaching.