UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR
NOTICE OF VACANCY
C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393
POSITION TITLE: Web Designer
CLASSIFICATION/ Classification “VI” per Schedule A of the collective agreement
RATE OF PAY:
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Associate Vice-President, Enrolment Management
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Web Designer will play a key role in helping raise the profile and awareness of the University through the implementation and coordination of online marketing activities to attract new students to the University through digital content creation and management, and for developing and maintaining the online presence of the institution on its website, social media, and partner websites (i.e., third party promotional sites) in support of student recruitment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. computer science) or a similar relevant discipline as determined by the Department plus, 2 years of direct web design and/or front-end web development experience; or College diploma in a related field (i.e. i.e. web design, web development, interaction design & development, etc.) or a similar relevant discipline as determined by the Department plus, 5 years of direct web design and/or front-end web development experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing editorial calendars and communications plans, including the creation of design and content for a variety of media options (i.e., print, web, social media)
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice in web-based marketing communications, including web usability, accessibility, optimization, and user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical professionals and understand technical requirements of web technologies
- Demonstrated experience with mobile, online interactive and social media tools, techniques and best practices including but not limited to PPC advertising (Google AdWords, Google Display Network, Re-targeting), social media advertising (Facebook ads, Twitter Promoted Posts), SEO, user analytics such as Google Analytics, blogs and email campaigns
- Experience designing, developing or generating digital graphics
- Experience in website maintenance using a content management system such as Drupal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to cope with a demanding workload while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, tools and processes
- Experience measuring and evaluating skills for web content
- Proficiency with commonly used internet, communication, and related computer applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Knowledge of current HTML and CSS standards, including usability and accessibility best practices
- Intermediate proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Understanding of AODA and CASL requirements
- Prior experience in higher education development, media relations, public relations or communications
- Experience using a marketing automation platform, such as Eloqua.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!