Pedalheads® is a privately-owned company providing trail-blazing programs that promote children’s health and development. The business currently operates instructional biking, swimming and multi-sports camps in twelve cities across Canada and the USA. Through innovative and educationally sound programs since 1986, we have earned a reputation for excellence in the communities that we serve. Currently in a significant growth phase, Pedalheads had 53,000 participants at 120 locations in 2018 with plans to continue expanding. The company has 38 full time and 1600 part time employees with its corporate headquarters in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Pedalheads is looking for an experienced web designer. You will be responsible for producing layouts for various elements of our website and internal applications. Working closely with the Marketing and IT teams, you will conceptualize and produce all visual elements of both our consumer website and the UI of our internal business systems. By all accounts, you will be the go-to person for all things visual for our website. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will develop a delivery schedule of web related enhancements and be expected to meet the deadlines of all pieces required.
Work within a cross functional team to develop and deliver ideas from concepts to final designs.
Create web content and featured elements that convey our brand identity following our brand guidelines.
Keep on top of industry trends and look for ways to elevate your projects.
Assist in visually telling our new brand story in a creative, playful and quirky manner that ultimately help with growing the business.
Develop a delivery schedule of web projects as required.
Create and present static HTML wireframes.
Produce HTML+CSS file and templates.
- Organizer and Planner- plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets their time efficiently.
- Creative Thinker - Possesses creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Communicator - has excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team Player- can collaborate on projects. Listens, responds and integrate others’ ideas, participates in team building and other group activities.
- Visual Displayer – Ability to showcase mock-ups of design concepts and direction.
- Not required but nice to have – experience using tools such as In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop with familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media.
Post Secondary education in web or graphic design or relevant field.
At least 5 years of industry experience.
Understanding of best practices around UX design (e.g. responsive design, consistent navigation, fonts, and calls to action).
Understanding of current web standards, cross platform compatibility and web usability principles.
A portfolio of produced work that demonstrates the ability to get into the mind of the audience and convey an idea in an emotional way.
Not required but nice to have – Familiarity with responsive frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap.