Microserve's client requires a Web Designer to join its team in Vancouver. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Responsbilitites will include but not limited to the following:
- In this role, you will conceive, design, and implement beautiful web designs. From site design and UX for web applications to delivering beautiful HTML/CSS to our developers, you will do it all.
- Design and create layouts for both new and existing websites, from giving existing sites a facelift to designing microsites
- UI/UX design for mobile and desktop web, for both existing and new sites/applicationsz
- evelop wireframes and test prototypes to communicate ideas and get feedback from partners before moving forward with designs
- Experience and/or training in adaptive and responsive design
- Experience and/or training in UI/UX design
- The ability to design AND implement a site, from conception to mock-ups to delivering beautiful HTML/CSS
- Experience with one or more design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent drawing/mapping programs)
- Experience working on an agile team is an asset (we practice something close to Kanban)
- We use JIRA to track our projects, so that would be helpful if you have used it
- A portfolio demonstrating strong UI and graphic design skills
- Online video experience, including editing and publishing video for the web
- Fluency in motion graphics, animation, sound and video editing software
- A great sense of humor – we try to make work fun
- Open to personal development and growth
Please note: Our client requires a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.