Web Designer full-time
If you are interested in public broadcasting and strive to take pride in what you do, look no further. This is the place for you. The national public broadcaster CBC/Radio-Canada will give you the opportunity to work on projects you wouldn't find anywhere else.
Please note this is a contract position.
The location for this position is either Toronto or Vancouver.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Digital Music for CBC Music, the Designer is primarily responsible for supporting the daily editorial design work on CBC Music. This includes the assisting with daily creation of images and promo designs for the main page and for the various musical communities of the site.
The Designer is also responsible to assist the Web Development team with Information Architecture issues, creating wire frames and designs any other Interaction Design related graphics as required.
The candidate must possess a strong design sensibility, have intimate familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator, possess a deep knowledge of a broad range of both Canadian and international music and music culture in general, and be a strong collaborator and team player.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Two years of related experience
- Strong web design sensibility
- Skilled with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Deep knowledge of a broad variety of both Canadian & international music and music culture in general
- Knowledge of digital music services in Canada and abroad
- Interaction design experience
- A strong collaborator and team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment that supports on-air broadcasting and editorial staff
- University degree in Design related field is an asset
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country's diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website: www.cbc.ca/jobs.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.