After starting with one shop 27 years ago,Flight Centre Limited is now one of the world's largest travel agency groups, with more than 13,000 employees and over 2,000 leisure, corporate and wholesale businesses spread across 11 countries.
Flight Centre Limited has been recognized as one of Canada's 50 'Best Employers’ in the Globe and Mail's Report on Business Magazine, for the last nine consecutive years. For four of the last nine years, the organization has been in the top four, which truly attests to our positive corporate culture.
Flight Centre is seeking a Web Designer (6-month contract with the possibility of extension) to work 4 days a week from Flight Centre’s downtown Vancouver head office starting February 1st.
In this exciting role, you will create front-end design and interface layouts for our branded websites (using Fireworks or Photoshop).
On a regular basis, you can expect to:
- Manage projects from brief to pre-press;
- Produce online creative in accordance with Flight Centre brand guidelines;
- Design web banners;
- Generate hand-coded HTML files from Fireworks or Photoshop files utilizing a combination of nested table structures and inline CSS for Email Newsletters;
- Test email newsletters across multiple platforms, browsers and email clients (Outlook, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.);
- Liaise with external vendors as well as our Web Development team regarding online job specs; and
- Consult directly with clients to deliver the highest level of customer service.
To qualify, you must have 1-2 years of web design experience, along with the following skills and capabilities:
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Proficiency with Adobe Dreamweaver (or related application);
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS limitations, bugs and fixes for Email Newsletters;
- Proficiency at optimizing artwork for the web (using Fireworks or Photoshop); and
- General knowledge of Adobe CS6 software.
This is an excellent opportunity for a budding, ambitious web designer to step into a challenging role with Flight Centre!
Along with your commendable work ethic, you will join us with strong project management skills which are needed to expertly liaise between various stakeholders including clients and our internal Web Development team. You will also need excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal situations.
If you want to take off with an unbeatable company, and have the drive and determination to match, then we want to hear from you!
Please note that you must provide a resume and TWO examples of previous hand coded HTML/CSS e-mail newsletters and/or websites. All documents must be combined in ONE uploadable file. Alternatively, you may provide a link to your online portfolio in the questions section below.
This is a remarkable opportunity as the right candidate will instantly become part of a highly sociable marketing team, who will support you and reward your achievements. Flight Centre Limited makes a habit of recognizing every significant accomplishment by ALL staff members with famous Buzz Nights, an annual Ball, Overseas Conferences, and an annual awe-inspiring Global Gathering, which recognizes and celebrates our top talent.
By joining this global travel giant, there are endless opportunities to further your career in an atmosphere that promotes from within. As part of the Flight Centre Limited team you will gain exclusive access to a myriad of award-winning benefits including:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Free health advice and financial planning consultations
- Career progression including global career opportunities
- Discounted travel & incentives from top travel providers
- RRSP Matching and a Pension Plan
- Worldwide social events that are the envy of the industry