Reporting to the Manager, Digital and Creative Services, the Web Designer & Developer is responsible for the design, development, programming and maintenance of Teck’s external websites. This includes responsibility for ensuring that Teck’s brand standards are implemented in all internal and external web interfaces, including websites, intranet sites and social media sites.
- Act as the project manager for web projects, including the development of specifications and proposals for websites, website features and online content.
- Create design concepts and artwork for new websites, microsites and website features that meet branding standards, business and user requirements.
- Review and provide feedback to internal and external web and online interface designers to ensure that Teck’s brand standards are upheld.
- Review, recommend and implement ongoing improvements to Teck’s websites to ensure that our websites remain current with website best practices.
- Provide web development and technical support services for new websites, microsites and website features.
- Provide training and support for various website roles, including news release editors, job and event posters, and for social media tools.
- Ensure that Teck’s websites are optimized for the latest developments in website standards and in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Work with content owners to update and maintain existing websites, including text, image, graphic and document updates.
- Provide back-up print graphic design services, branding and other support to the Digital & Creative Services group, as required.
- 4-6 years’ experience in web communications, web design and/or website development. Certificate or diploma in related studies an asset.
- Strong comprehension of branding and design concepts for both web and print design.
- Ability to create wireframes, site maps, design mock-ups and slice designs for web development.
- Proficiency in using Adobe (CS6) Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional and InDesign.
- Advanced experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) for web.
- Strong understanding of web analytics and SEO implementation and tactics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media tools (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare, Facebook, YouTube) and website integration of these tools.
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal). The ability to speak, read and/or write Spanish or Mandarin would be an asset.
- Proficiency using current Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Self-starter with proven ability to multitask under minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve independently.
- Ability to adapt responsibilities based on changing environments and requirements.
- Demonstrates Teck’s commitment to safety and sustainability.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.