Are you a digital communications expert with the ability to lead, develop and post clear and concise content on various platforms?
If so, this is your opportunity to be the 'voice' of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs for web and social media content development.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- design, develop, coordinate and manage the ministry's corporate web presence and content
- lead the integration of new media initiatives and strategies to effectively and efficiently communicate ministry programs/services and create a positive user experience
- provide consultation and advisory services to clients on web presence and digital communication opportunities/options for reaching external audiences and for technical support issues
- work closely with all levels of staff throughout the ministry to transfer the content of the ministry's website to the newly created, fully accessible and mobile friendly Ontario.ca website
How do I qualify?
Knowledge of communication theory, methods and tools:
- You have an expert knowledge of communication theory, methods and tools related to website design and content development.
- You have expert knowledge of digital and social media platforms and marketing channels.
- You have experience formulating and implementing digital communication and social media strategies, tools and products that align with specific communication objectives.
Knowledge of web content management tools:
- You have knowledge of current and emerging trends, technologies and best practices regarding the design and management of web content (e.g. internet coding, publishing principles, website usability, navigation and accessibility).
- You have experience developing content for websites or other digital channels using clear writing principles.
- You have oral communication and consultation skills to provide expert advice and guidance to clients.
Other important skills:
- You have project leadership skills to plan, implement and evaluate complex digital communications projects.
- You have research and analysis skills to assess client needs and opportunities and develop strategic options and solutions.
Salary Range: $1,334.22 - $1,632.56 per week
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W., Guelph, West Region
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.