Full-Time Contract (Approximate 1 Year)
Want to help redevelop one of the most visited financial literacy websites in Canada? Have a passion for cutting-edge technology and creating and managing content? We want to hear from you.
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
The OSC is the only securities regulator in Canada with a dedicated Investor Office aimed at achieving better investor outcomes. The Investor Office works to strengthen the OSC’s efforts in investor engagement, research, education and outreach. The Investor Office also brings investor perspectives to the organization and contributes to policy development. To support this work, the Investor Office uses research and behavioural science to test policy proposals and explore how emerging capital market trends are affecting retail investors.
What will you do?
We are seeking a Digital Content Advisor in the Investor Office to help with the project management and serve as the technical liaison for the redevelopment of GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca and other investor education digital properties. The redevelopment will be based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and current best practices in technology, user experience and design. GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca is one of Canada’s most popular financial education websites. It has hundreds of free articles, tools, calculators and other resources to help people with their finances.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager, Investor Engagement and Outreach, and the team to provide project management support for the redevelopment project. Work with technical vendors to ensure project timelines and budgets are met and aligned with business objectives.
- Incorporate technological best practices in the redevelopment project based on other regulatory and consumer web properties around the world.
- Work with the project team and Manager to facilitate ongoing review and revision of content across all digital properties.
- Support all content strategy deliverables, including content classification, workflows, metadata frameworks, style guides and page tables.
- Help with content tagging and identify processes to ensure ongoing content updates.
- Offer advice on content design and support the team in managing the work of external vendors.
- Proactively identify content opportunities, exploring ways to edit existing content throughout the site for a better user experience and up-to-date information for investors.
- Ensure investor-education content uses best practices for web writing, improving the user experience, and adheres to accessibility standards and French language requirements.
- Work with the Education and Outreach team on search engine optimization (SEO) advancements in online content.
- Advise on SEO and page rankings aligned with public and private sector benchmarks.
- Work with OSC staff in other branches as necessary to identify policies and procedures relating to web vendors and content partners for sourcing.
- Work with the internal branches to ensure compliance with information security policies and alignment with procurement and legal objectives.
- Strong writing and technical skills in website management.
- Diploma/Degree in a related discipline including Business/Commerce, Communications IT or other.
- Good eye for detail in technology trends.
- Experience in working with WordPress or other content management platforms.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, content library and managing content migration processes.
- Working knowledge of social media tools to advise on content campaigns.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards in web development process.
- Understanding of the securities industry, the regulatory landscape in Canada and personal finance is an asset.
- Active knowledge of financial concepts and terminology in the Canadian context is an asset.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course is an asset.
- Ability to exercise tact and judgement when responding to comments/questions publicly.
You might be the sort of person who:
- is naturally curious
- is active on multiple social media platforms
- is aware of latest technology trends
- is an overachiever who likes being part of a dynamic and creative team.
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Apply online at https://www.osc.ca/e..areers-osc by Monday, June 27, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
Internal applicants: please apply using the Taleo profile created with your OSC email address.
The OSC is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ2S community, to achieve an employee demographic profile reflective of the demographic profile of Ontarians.
The OSC is a proud partner with the following organizations: BlackNorth Initiative < https://blacknorth.ca/ >, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion < https://ccdi.ca/ >, and Pride at Work Canada < https://prideatwork.ca/ >.
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox email@example.com.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!