PressReader is a leading tech company that has an all-you-can-read magazine and newspaper platform, like Netflix or Spotify for content. We work with publishers and a huge variety of businesses around the world including hotels, cruise lines, libraries, airlines and more!
We’re looking for a Web & Application Designer who will play an important role in the design and user interface development of our various applications. This includes but, is not limited to design layouts for web based applications and mobile applications.
Main duties of the job:
- Researching and developing web, mobile and desktop application design.
- Developing wireframes, interaction design, visual mockups, layouts, user interface elements and final graphics assets for applications and websites meeting sharp deadlines.
- Implementation of HTML5/CSS on variety of platforms including web, mobile web, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone.
- Must demonstrate outstanding talent, creativity and design sensibility.
- Solid web, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone, mobile and desktop applications design experience.
- Strong portfolio of web, desktop or mobile application designs, demonstrating: Thoughtful, considered interaction design, Careful attention to detail, Beauty, Solid understanding of UX design principles.
- Experience creating visually stunning icons and interface elements.
- Mastery of fundamental design disciplines (typography, composition, color and animation).
- UI/UX expertise.
- Expert knowledge of graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Solid knowledge of prototyping & presentation tools, such as Pixate, Framer, Principle, PowerPoint and Prezi.
- Strong command of web standards, HTML5/CSS, responsive design, cross-browser compatibility and browser degradation strategies.
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
- Ability to work within guidelines and deadlines.
- Excellent file management.
- Ability to take feedback without ego, no pouting, and turn it into solid design solutions
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, experience working as part of a team.
- Formal design education or equivalent industry experience.
Nice to have:
- Good level of hand drawing.
- Conversion optimization, landing page and email marketing experience.
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurances;
- installments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan;
- long-term disability and AD&D insurances for the employee;
- paid vacation, sick and bereavement days;
- salary advances in exceptional circumstances;
- reimbursements for professional training and membership in the professional associations;
- gym membership, fresh fruits and beverages in the office and more.
This is a full time permanent position working from our corporate office in Richmond, BC.