VP, Sales & Marketing
Area of Interest:
Full Time - Regular
State / Province:
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- Leadership: Able to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
- Teamwork: Demonstrate ability to work with people in a manner that builds high morale and group commitment to shared goals and objectives. Able to take leadership roles, but also function effectively at the personal contributor level.
- Openness and Communication: Demonstrate ability to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Organizational Capability: Demonstrate ability to organize and/or schedule people or tasks and to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Operational/Personal Effectiveness: Effectively manage time and priorities and work efficiently.
- Coping: Demonstrate ability to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict and time demands.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Demonstrate ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues and constraints; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, agricultural economics, and/or a related discipline; MBA Degree preferred
- Target 10-15 years of senior or executive management level marketing experience with a strong preference for experience in agribusiness, food processing or related industries a plus
- Knowledge of/experience in working with various sizes of North American markets and also international markets a plus
- Very strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, plus effective presentation skills for small and large groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence across multiple functions
- Experience managing, developing and implementing all types of marketing, marketing media, marketing strategies, digital marketing, agency relationships
- Experience in managing multiple product lines with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives.
- Strong reporting skills, solid communication skills and marketing research skills.
- Bilingual in French is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of event marketing and ability to promote multiple dates simultaneously
- Experience negotiating business terms and contracts
Reporting to the Managing Director, Canada, champions and manages the development, implementation and monitoring of sales and marketing strategies, plans, distribution channels, sales forecasts, and initiatives for BNA’s bulk and refined products. Provides leadership in the coordination and integration of initiatives in a manner designed to achieve sales and marketing goals and business objectives and maximizes shareholder value.
- Develop, lead and execute sales strategies which shape future business delivery and meet Bunge strategic growth objectives
- Ensure execution of the sales strategy and plans in order to achieve volume and margin targets
- Lead sales team, developing organizational capability and structure to create a high performing team that jointly achieve financial targets
- Support and contribute to Bunge strategic decisions and business management process to ensure alignment between overall corporate and sales strategies
- Work with key internal stakeholders across the value chain to enable excellence in operations and unlock value contributing to profitability
- (B2B) Ensures organization and strategy are aligned to channel opportunities
- Work with key customer stakeholders to align Bunge strategies with key customer strategies in the context of category and / or industry challenges
- Define new business and growth opportunities ensuring these are thoroughly analyzed and validated with customers and aligned to Bunge strategies
- Ensure customer business plans are jointly developed between Bunge sales team and key customers and enable team to execute these plans across all required channels effectively
- Use in-depth industry knowledge to build credibility and become a trusted advisor with customers
- Leads new customer opportunities by prioritizing target channels and aligning sales organization with targets accordingly.
- (B2C) Ensures Shopper and Consumer insight is deeply embedded in retail customer strategy. Directs the implementation and execution of sales plan, policies, procedures and practices.
- Oversees all aspects of the marketing strategy and execution. Ensures alignment of marketing and sales teams.
- Ensure pipeline efficiency and margin optimization across Oilseed Value Chain. Responsible to coordinate and collaborate with entire chain to ensure optimization of value capture.
- Build a robust and proactive succession plan
- Standard office hours
- Able to travel as required