Are you a highly motivated, well organized, marketing professional interest in leading the marketing and communications strategy for a growing technology company deliverying solutions to the nonprofit and public sector?
Reporting directly to the CEO and part of a greater executive team, the VP of Marketing role is a key role for the company responsible for leading marketing and communications for a dynamic and growing solutions company focused in the nonprofit and public sector for North America.
Your leadership and guidance to the Marketing team will develop and execute all marketing, communications, and media strategies, leverage various platforms including market research, pricing, product marketing, advertising (online), content marketing, marketing communication, public relations, and social media, ensuring a comprehensive overall marketing strategy that achieves the revenue goals. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for all areas of marketing including strategic guidance and implementation of the brand vision, market research and industry intelligence, customer engagement initiatives, promotions and sales
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Team to drive the company’s growth
- Build and inspire a strong, effective marketing organization that is capable of influencing and delivering the company’s goals resulting in revenue growth and cost management leading to robust profit growth
- Develop and implement overall marketing strategies with specific initiatives to deliver measurable results - seek out and lead the organization to leverage new marketing opportunities
- Lead and mentor the marketing organization across all disciplines (advertising, digital, public relations, marketing operations, creative)
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning and awareness across all aspects of the marketing mix including brand management, lead generation, content marketing, sales enablement, public relations, digital marketing, creative services, customer communications, and social media
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including customer acquisition, conversion, engagement, satisfaction and retention rates. Leverage data and analytics to drive insights and improve ROI.
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting
- Utilize critical market & competitive research to segment and define target markets, refine and improve the product value proposition and implement the best market-penetration strategy
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with industry thought-leaders, marketing associations and advisors
About the candidate:
- 8 - 10 years of marketing experience, preferably including B2B
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, CMS, CRM.
- Degree in marketing, business or a related field
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
- Experience in a high-impact, executive role in an evolving business environment:
- Able to participate and play a key role on the executive management team, significantly contributing to the overall corporate strategy
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, influence and drive change
- Exceptional track record in developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Demonstrated success using marketing analytics, customer feedback, customer value, behavior, segmentation and targeting techniques and tools
- Demonstrated proclivity to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to clearly identify strategic issues and make tough decisions
- Ability to inspire, engage, and motivate teams to achieve results and success
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, lead multiple projects, prioritize, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Previous experience working in B2B environments
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic - must be comfortable with ambiguity and rapid rates of change