VP, Business Development & Marketing full-time
Location: Greater Vancouver, BC
Company Name: The Kirk Group (http://www.thekirkgroup.net)
Category: Business Dev/Sales, Marketing
The Kirk Group is seeking a Vice President – New Business Development and Marketing Manager for our Vancouver office. This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the CEO.
The position requires day-to-day work with the CEO to develop and execute strategic business development plans to contribute to growth goals. You will also be responsible for developing and servicing our client base in the Health and Beauty arena by providing: strategic input, category insight, marketing and PR communication planning and execution, brand positioning analysis and recommendation.
- Provide strategic leadership to client base in Health and Beauty categories including: developing business plans, industry knowledge and insight, brand positioning, creative media/PR/marketing campaigns , product development including packaging and formula
- Create a culture of excellence in client service
- Develop process for tracking and reporting client activity
- Develop statements of work
- Provide timely reporting and billing of clients
- Project management and client presentations
- Develop 3-5 year strategic growth and operating plan to maximize cash flow and ensure extensive client roster
- Achieve annual operating plan
- Manage operational and financial business to achieve efficiency including P&L
- Develop and manage budgets
- Identify and develop robust client base in health and beauty category
- Recruit, train and develop talent
- Design formal process for development and assessment of staff including: job descriptions, scope and feedback
- Day-to-day management of at least 4 direct reports and up to 15 contractors
- Develop organizational design to meet needs of growing business unit
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Position requires minimum 10-15 years of marketing and sales experience in a managerial position in the Health and Beauty industry with particular expertise in nutritional supplements and cosmetic and skincare brands
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Knowledge of overseas markets, specifically United States, a huge asset
- Exceptional analytical skills and strategy development
- In depth knowledge of both the health supplement and beauty skincare/cosmetics market place including product and brand development and communication.
- Must have strong presentation and persuasive communication skills
- Needs to be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Must process excellent verbal and written communication skills and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a problem solver with decision making skills
- Must be exceptionally creative and innovative and able to work with limited resources and staff
- Must have strong financial skills including budgeting, financial projections and P&L management
- Must have strong leadership and influencer skills including staff development and recruitment.
- Must be able to work in a small fast paced environment that requires exceptional teamwork to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel
Successful applicant must be able to speak, read and write fluent English.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page