A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
The VMC/Field Marketing Associate’s primary responsibilities are to make sure that all Skechers product lines are visually represented on every selling floor by visiting stores and working with the sales staff, and also providing product knowledge to support sales objectives. In addition, the VMC/Field Marketing Associate is responsible for coordinating all events within their territory including trade shows, trunk shows and all Performance related events.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Build strong relationships with the sales associates working on the selling floors; thus insuring that sales staff is giving attention to Skechers shoe displays on a regular basis.
- Establish positive working relationship with Skechers Sales Representatives and managers to be sure to visit the most important doors to the business.
- Responsible for working consistently with each door to strengthen and develop their knowledge of Skechers in all categories of the business to maintain brand identity.
- Responsible for educating doors on strategic product presentations and marketing techniques to ensure all needs are met.
- Review brand positioning and real estate strategies based on traffic levels and visibility.
- Collaborate with partnering retailers on product placement in window and product displays.
- Coordinate marketing and P.O.P roll out initiatives and execute to ensure deadlines are met and congruency throughout the region.
- Confirm all new price changes are appropriately marked and are strategically merchandised on the selling floor to increase ROI.
- Develop and deliver visual merchandising direction and company standards to support accuracy in the footwear lifecycle.
- Collaborate with multiple departments and support concept development which includes research, pricing and final execution of creative brand vision.
- Coordinate all events within the territory which include trade shows, trunk shows, B2B events and all Performance related events. This includes set-up and teardown.
- Provide all visual materials at events and partner with the accounts during the shows to determine what visual needs they may have.
- Determine location, activities, and standards for events, while assisting with selling, promoting, merchandising and presenting all divisions during events.
- Accountable for developing events and new ideas from its origin.
- Partner with the Public Relations team and Retail partners on special in-store events and launches.
- Complete reports by recapping events.
- Assist in recruiting and managing the Skechers Performance Athlete and Ambassador Team in respective territory.
- Assist the showroom manager once a week to pull old samples and display new product.
- Must be able to enforce key initiatives determined by company’s divisional needs.
- Ability to use planograms set according to seasonal product.
- Responsible for building and maintaining close working relationships with the upper management teams to ensure quick resolution of issues as well as engage them in the overall company strategy.
- Capable of building and evolving cross-functional team relationships in a continuous effort to encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to elevate the perception of our corporate brand and our company.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and execution.
- Ability to be adaptable and make immediate decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work load through time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Able to travel and maintain flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Dynamic, driven and achievement oriented.
- Overtime as required.
- Able to lift 20 lbs. or more during fixture moves.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University or college diploma in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.