Number 41 Media is looking for a visual designer with strong experience conceptualizing and producing user-centric web-based software and website interface designs to join our team in Victoria, BC or at our office in Vancouver. You will be working in a dynamic production environment, with a team of project managers, information architects, interaction designers, and developers. Collaborating with the team, you will be responsible for interpreting wireframes and specifications and delivering beautiful, usable, and functional visual interface designs that enhance the user experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or visual arts, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong art direction, visual design skills and innovative interactive work.
- Experience designing user interfaces for web-based software and websites.
- Understanding and experience with responsive design and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital user experience principles, information architecture and interaction design.
- Experience creating style guides and design specifications for developers.
- Experience presenting and defending your designs both internally and to clients.
- Ability to create and document consistent design systems.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JQuery; familiarity with Mac OSX.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator & Photoshop).
- Must have good sense of humor, professionalism and a personable attitude.
- A good eye for detail.
- Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Assertive, communicative, and proactive.
- A strong work ethic.
- Desire to keep up with industry trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in or lead knowledge exchanges with peers.
Be prepared to show examples of your work that clearly demonstrate your abilities, and to describe your roles and responsibilities on past projects.