Details of Job Description:
- Participate in Greenfield development of an internal web UX framework to support needs of the Algorithmic Trading applications.
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize performance and maintain low latency and high throughput
- Develop an in depth understanding of existing UI’s within the ETrading stack and work towards porting these to the new platform/framework.
- Strictly adhere to proper SDLC methodologies including unit testing, performance and scalability testing.
- Meet deadlines in support of a fast moving release cycle
- Leverage new technologies and approaches with continuous improvement
- Promotes and ensures compliance to the enterprise risk controls of the organization and external regulations
- Extensive experience designing and building Trading UI’s that are scalable and responsive especially under high update rates.
- Knowledge of Algorithmic trading methodologies in the equities space
- Additional knowledge of Native UI programming in .Net framework, C#, WPF.
- Ability to contribute and work well in a team setting
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of optimization techniques in the web stack
- UX experience with layouts, content placement, usability, accessibility.
- Experience implementing and knowledge of novel design patterns
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Agile development methodologies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
Address: 155 Wellington Street W.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 10/12/2015
Req ID: 97655