With demand for our programs increasing and our 2017 cohorts filling up, we are officially on the lookout for highly talented UX and UI Designers to come join our growing team of instructors and in-house creative crew in Vancouver. We are looking for a confident UX / UI designer with 3 years of experience looking for a new challenge joining one of the top 5 fastest growing tech companies in Canada.
We are looking for people with a passion for sharing their knowledge who have significant experience working as a designer in the tech industry. Previous background working in the education industry is a bonus, but all of our instructors receive in-depth training in the latest educational approaches, so this is much less important than your positive attitude, knowledge and portfolio.
You will be joining a team of designers to help shaping and delivering our full time UX and UI & Communication Design Programs. In parallel, you will also be joining RED Academy’s in-house creative and marketing team, working on campaigns and side projects.
Our classes are taught in small teams with a ratio of 7:1 students per instructor. The programs are designed to be relevant to the tech world of today with personalized, applied learning methods, including mentoring students while they work on real-world projects from our network of partners.
In short, working at RED is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Aside from the deeply rewarding work of teaching, we offer 4 weeks paid holiday, and everyone in our team spends 20% of their time working on personal and community projects that you get to choose, so that your skills stay sharp and at the forefront of the industry.
We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose, meaning that we encourage our staff to drive their own role. We provide mentoring, training and personal development to support you in building a career path you love and can truly connect with.
Above all, we are committed to providing a deeply engaging, truly dynamic and highly rewarding work environment, where our team can thrive and find the highest possible levels of personal and professional fulfillment and satisfaction.
And best of all - all of our people share a deep passion for design and technology, and finding the most innovative ways of delivering outstanding learning experience for our students, all of which makes RED an amazing place to work.
Skills and qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance. You are a strong team leader with problem solving and analytical thinking skills. You are proactive, autonomous and resourceful. You have at least 2-3 years of experience working in UX and UI design - designing and building digital products.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: user experience design, user interface design, prototyping, ideation, digital marketing, creative thinking, logo design, visual communication, app & responsive web design. As well as experience with industry design tools like Sketch, Creative Suite and Prototyping tools such as InVision, Axure, Principle as well as some understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Above all you have a great portfolio of work and a love for what you do.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating, delivering and teaching the immersive full-time education program.
- To be a senior member of the instructional team to develop our learning programs and curriculum to ensure we are providing the highest possible quality of learning experience to our students.
- To work with the creative and marketing team to generate ideas and develop campaigns and for RED Academy.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of instructor-to-student feedback during the student’s learning program.
- To assist with student admissions processes and policies where relevant, and support the ongoing management of, assessments, evaluations.
- Communicating and negotiating with third party partners, associations and suppliers to help us deliver the best possible learning experience to our students. As well as connecting with your network of industry professionals to gather feedback on our curriculum.
- To help develop new learning programs, curricula and learning approaches to ensure we continue to offer the most relevant, engaging learning experiences to our students that will help both students succeed in their chosen career paths.
- To work with the rest of the team at RED to research and develop our educational approaches, facilities, learning materials and technologies on an ongoing basis to ensure that we remain at the forefront, and provide the highest possible quality of education to our students.
As an Instructor, you will need to have a deep understanding of the subject matter and be able to effectively deliver and teach this to our students. Instructional experience in a technology related subject is a big plus, but the most important thing is being a great fit with our values, to be comfortable in a people facing role, and have a real passion for all things related to technology and education and eagerness to contribute to the RED community.