Number 41 Media – UX Designer (Intermediate to Senior)
Who are we?
Number 41 Media is a team of user-focused researchers, designers, and technologists, motivated by a shared passion for creating beautiful and functional digital platforms and services. We are centrally-located in downtown offices in Victoria, B.C. At Number 41, we're constantly questioning the way things currently work, imagining how they could be improved, and finding out what people actually need to get things done. Whether it's a service, a website, or a software project, we approach our work with one overarching question in mind: how can this be better? If you have the answers, come join us!
Being a UX Designer at Number 41 Media
We believe that small cross-functional teams are the best way to deliver creative and thoughtful projects. We work collaboratively, bringing multiple creative viewpoints, technical skill, and research expertise together to create innovative solutions for our clients and their end users. We put in the extra effort to make sure our projects are practical and well-rounded: solutions that look good, and work even better.
As a UX Designer, your analytical eye will help shape the user’s experience through elegant and effective design of web and mobile UI systems. This is a wide-ranging role, conducting user research, creating wireframes, and designing specs for products from creative spark through deployment. Ideal candidates will have experience across the full lifecycle of digital projects, along with a solid understanding of user behaviors, the details (and gotchas!) of web and mobile interfaces, and an ability to both take direction and work independently in creating well-crafted, beautifully thoughtful applications, sites, and services.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- We are looking for an intermediate-to-senior UX Designer responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with clients and the team to deliver user-focused design solutions
- Planning, documenting, and conducting user research and usability testing
- Developing concepts , low- and high-fidelity wireframes, and accompanying specifications (including process flows)
- Creating personas, developing journey maps, and producing heuristic evaluations
- Producing user-centric wireframes and engaging interface designs
The best candidates will have a solid understanding of industry trends across multiple platforms, and a deep desire to grow and continue learning. We value a curious mind and an open communication style.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant field is preferred for this position, but a combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered – not all learning happens at school
- The ideal candidate will have two or more years of demonstrated experience in interaction design or a related field
- The ability to travel as required to conduct research and usability testing would be an asset
Number 41 offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Due to COVID-19, Number 41 is currently working 100% remote. There is an expectation that in the future (Fall 2021), this position will work part-time from our Victoria, B.C. office.