Roadhouse Interactive is looking for a passionate, experienced and talented UX Designer who will be charged with owning the game’s UX design from conception to detailed design, development and release. You will bring a wealth of talent, experience and enthusiasm in mobile interface design coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
Our UX Designer will work with the development team to concept, prototype, create and maintain the UX design for our games. You will have a strong understanding of usability and best practice across mobile platforms and will be able to design large and robust systems while ensuring a clear and hierarchal user flow through various screens and features.
- Work with the game team to determine the product objectives, timelines and feature set
- Identify and communicate constraints, limitations and risks to the project in regards to the UI and overall design
- Collaborate with the game designer and game director to flesh out feature requirements and fully documented feature specifications
- Create simple and effective working prototypes that demonstrate UX flow for an interactive mobile game
- Produce detailed, pixel perfect wireframes and mockups for the entire project
- Create a compelling visual treatment for the game’s UI that compliments the look and feel established by concept and 3D artists
- Leverage proven design patterns to ensure that UI interactions are intuitive, easy to use and convey information to maximize the end user experience
- Construct thoughtful and innovative solutions to unique challenges
- Plan and create animations and contemporary effects for UI elements
- Work with the Programming team to ensure that the implementation matches the intention and design, readily jumping into front-end integration work as needed
- Create and maintain the UI style guide to retain visual integrity across multiple releases
- Be self-organized, deadline oriented and work well under pressure
- Actively seek out opportunities to share learnings between other product teams
- Champion a high standard of UX design across the studio
- 5+ years of experience in interface and interaction design
- Up-to-date knowledge of iOS, Android and Windows design patterns / HIG
- Experience designing mobile applications - at least one product launched
- Experience designing and implementing responsive UI
- A passion for mobile game design
- A well-developed portfolio that showcases excellence and variety in usability design and visual style
- Traditional art and design skills, including expertise in composition, layout, colour, typography, iconography, usability and design patterns+
- Master user of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some experience in either mobile or web interface markup or programming.
- Extensive knowledge of UI in games across multiple genres on all platforms
- Solid understanding of the opportunities and limitations of mobile and tablet user interface design
- A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in an agile environment with several development teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable documentation skills
Interested in the Opportunity?
We’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your current resume and cover letter outlining how you’re right for the job. Preference will be given to local candidates; however this opportunity is open to remote candidates as well.