Help us change the way people think about Windows. Microsoft is working to redefine the mobile phone for millions of everyday users around the world. We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer with strong interaction design skills to help us evolve how users experience the Windows interface. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about making a real impact on future technology driven products and experiences.
The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for extending and evolving the functionality of Windows. We're looking for someone that is forward-thinking and willing to challenge & provoke new ways to connect with our consumers. This position requires strong design, communication, and organization skills, and the ability to work across teams. You'll also be expected to quickly broaden your technical understanding as new technologies become available.
The candidate will work closely with a team of UI designers, user researchers, design managers, brand marketers and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required.
- An open-minded, creative and human-centered approach to problem solving.
- Passion for creating simple, playful, and seamless product experiences.
- A strong interest in design and technology trends. Familiar with current mobile design paradigms.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other designers.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Graphic Design
- Work samples that show strong interaction and graphic design skills.
- Ability to execute design solutions in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Windows Design team is a multidisciplinary team whose charter is to design world-class end-to-end experiences that are desirable, thoughtful, consistent, and easy-to-use for the Windows OS Division. Our goal is to ensure full integration of brand, industrial design, user interface, graphic design, usability, and business strategy
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Location & Contact Information: Microsoft Canada Development Centre 840 Cambie Street Vancouver, BC V6B 0B4
Benefits: Extended Health & Dental plus Annual Vacation