FIFA 14 will enable fans to experience the emotion of scoring great goals with new features that allow players to dictate the tempo, creating rewarding chances through midfield build-up, and new features like Pure Shot and Real Ball Physics allow players to unleash spectacular strikes. This year we also have FIFA 14 launching on next gen consoles. The game will feel alive with players possessing human-like intelligence, reactions and instincts. Players will also move and behave like real athletes; while playing in stadiums that feel like living worlds.
Do you love Football and wish you had the opportunity to make ‘the beautiful game’ easier for everyone to experience? Would you like to help direct the delivery of new features and improve existing ones for our passionate gamers around the world?
FIFA is seeking an experienced UX Designer who is detail-focused, creative, adaptive and consumer-centric, understanding and capable of owning UX from end to end. In this role you will champion UX, reinforce guidelines, best practices, and methodologies to ensure that the UX of our console product meets both our user needs and business goals.
- 3+ years of experience in User Experience Design creating compelling, frictionless, satisfying, engaging, responsive experiences for console games.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Psychology or a related discipline.
- Excellent User Centered Design skills and high production values.
- Expert attention to detail and knows what it takes to improve engagement and retention.
- Commanding knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamic, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to produce low and high fidelity wireframes.
- Strong Conceptualization and Visual Communication ability through mockups, wires and prototypes.
- Strong UX design aesthetics for games and be able to effectively communicate these to multiple stakeholders.
- Strong Team Player that can quickly build Relationships and establish Trust, Respect and Confidence.
- Conduct Heuristic Evaluations of screens, flows, features and entire game modes.
- Passion for video games and football.
- Producing Detailed Wireframes including locked designs, consistent interactions, optimal user flows and final copy.
- Paper and Interactive Prototyping of new features and split testing with consumers.
- Responsible for UX consistency and ensuring that Process is adhered to.
- Executing Interaction Design and some Visual Design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be a UX champion and diplomat, connecting franchise UX vision with team’s direction and help to build a culture for UX.
- Demonstrating a keen understanding of the target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement.
- Working closely with Producers, Art Director, and Designers, evaluate and translate research findings into actionable results.
- Support appropriate Usability Testing methodologies for different project phases.
- Create user-centered design documentation e.g. UX Briefs, Personas, interaction models, navigation maps .etc
- Collaborate with Interface Designers to translate architecture into the look-and-feel of UI and own UX Style Guide.
Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to adapt and be effective in a highly dynamic environment.
- User experience design, and strong UX implementation experience on console.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful--thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Simplifier that can also get the bigger picture, takes smart risks, is innovative, a visionary and can think outside the box.
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Ability to define success metrics and deliver ROI for UX investment.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment to making UX successful, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.