As a UX/UI Designer in HP’s Wearables and IoT team, you will play a critical role in developing and bringing to market next generation products. You will collaborate with Industrial design, fellow UX/UI designers, Engineering, and product owners to develop compelling user experiences. Use critical thinking, best UX practices, and strong technical background to translate requirements, user-centered goals, and analytical user data into design, including wireframes, prototypes, specifications, and visual assets.
- User experience and interaction design for highly intuitive, digital products and mobile experiences in a fast-paced and innovative development environment
- Quickly assess brand image and identify target consumer usage models. Clearly articulate proposed design concepts and how they will resonate with consumers.
- Work in a highly iterative and collaborative style, directly alongside product managers, marketing managers, developers
- Create wireframes and prototypes for mobile and device user interfaces.
- Create visual assets to incorporate into products
- Working closely with visual designers and developers to ensure the user experience is maintained and enhanced as projects go to final design and subsequent development.
- Ensure all aspects of finished products meet high standard of excellence in brand image and customer experience prior to being launched
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field preferred, and 5+ years of user experience design experience for software, Web or mobile applications, and/or consumer electronics
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools
- 3D modeling, After Effects, rendering and animation is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in Agile development environments.