User Experience Designer full-time
Clio is one of Vancouver's fastest-growing technology startups. Our flagship product, Clio, is the leading web-based practice management system for the solo- and small-firm legal market. Clio is a suite of highly integrated tools - from time-tracking to billing to document management to client collaboration - that allows solo and small firm lawyers to manage virtually everything about their practice.
Our customers love Clio because of our focus on beautiful, easy-to-use interfaces. We are seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced UI/UX Design Lead to shape the next generation of Clio's user interface.
You will work closely with Clio's development team to develop clean, intuitive user experiences. You will direct the design of all new features and enhancements. You will also be responsible for identifying areas of the existing interface that require UI refactorings to ensure Clio continues to remain both beautiful and easy-to-use.
- Develop UI alternatives for consideration using both low- and high-fidelity prototypes
- Code well-structured HTML/CSS
- Work directly with our users to identify needs and workflows
- Liaise with our customer support team to identify UI friction points
- Collaborate with our software developers to integrate your designs into Clio's codebase
We need you to have:
- Gifted sense of aesthetic design and intuitive usability
- A knack for turning complex concepts into simple UIs
- Proven experience in a user-centered design environment
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to code designs in HTML/CSS
We hope you have:
- A portfolio showcasing design talent and experience
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or PHP
- Knowledge of Agile development methods
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical benefits
- Awesome co-workers
This position is full-time and is available to Vancouver-based applicants.