Requisition ID: 92543
Work Area: Software-User Experience
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Jam team is looking for an experienced visual design and interaction design expert to lead the overall development of both visual design and interaction design specifications for the product development team.
SAP Jam connects customers, partners, and employees with information, applications, and processes to drive results from anywhere –embedded into business applications, on the web, and mobile. By adding collaboration to sales, HR, and other processes, customers can shorten sales cycles, increase customer and employee engagement, and reduce training costs. SAP
Jam provides a single, secure social foundation across an entire business.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Oversee and manage priorities for a team developing UX wireframes and visual design assets based on business and functional requirements developed by SAP Jam Product Management team.
- Lead in the creation and execution of usability studies based on customer feedback.
- Coordinate and communicate SAP Jam design specifications to corresponding development teams for the purposes of integrating SAP Jam into other SAP applications.
- Lead the development of forward-looking designs beyond current release timeframes, including specifications for interaction and visual design
- Represent and communicate design intent on a day-to-day basis with the SAP Jam
- Development team.
- Lead refinements of UX designs based on feedback from development, product management, and customer usability feedback.
- Interact on a daily basis with the SAP Jam development team – this includes attending feature elaboration meetings, development review meetings, release review meetings, and being present to answer questions and update designs based on evolving requirements.
- Develop a design portfolio for SAP Jam, demonstrating key design patterns and visual requirements, and integrate other design standards from the broader SAP portfolio of software.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 10-15 years of experience developing interaction and visual design specifications
- Experience managing or leading a team of UX design professionals
- Experience working with large & geographically dispersed engineering teams
- Experience in enterprise software design, especially transactional and/or collaborative & social software
- Expertise in visual design and interaction design tools & software, including Adobe
- PhotoShop, Axure, and other visual design prototyping software
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Design portfolio demonstrating a specific design philosophy or approach with specificexamples.
- BA in visual design, interaction design, communications, or similar field required
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.