You don’t have to be crazy to work here. We’ll train you.
We're hunting, searching and even training (moderate weights, some cardio) to find the perfect UI/UX Designer for our digital studio. We want your help in delivering ground-breaking mobile apps and digital products for our valuable clients. We'll happily offer you an amazing work environment, a team that surrounds you with thought leadership and supports your semi-professional frisbee skills.
You'll work with our Director of Product Design to create meaningful and innovative mobile, web and IoT products, help research and design User Experience flows, Perona Modelling, Scenario Mapping, Usability Studies & Scripting, and set up InVision prototypes that go right into the client's hands. You will also help our Business Development and Marketing team to deliver client-facing presentation materials and internal social media campaign assets and visuals.
Work hard and play hard. We work in a fast-paced environment where projects constantly change and evolve. If you're up to the challenge and are an awesome person, we want you.
- Create InVision Prototypes
- Work with the Director of Design to deliver assignments and projects internally and client-facing
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development team to deliver presentation materials and market research content
- Elaborate on design directives from the design team to deliver pixel-perfect products
- Work with the development team to deliver technically-practical designs that push UX scores through the stratosphere while staying on budget and within timelines
- Assist with creative brainstorming sessions when required
- Be awesome
- Resident of the Vancouver area, Resident of Canada
- Minimum of 1-2 years production experience with web, mobile products in an agency/studio environment
- Be a "Rock Star" with the following design tools: Sketch, Zeplin, inVision, .PSD, .AI, Keynote, Google Drive, (Framer is a bonus)
- Knowledge of UI design systems such as responsive grids, web design, android and iOS cross-platform and native design
- High-level understanding of development language, mobile, web, react, environments, CSS/HTML
- Excellent communication skills and take constructive criticism, adapt design ideology for the betterment of the realistic project objectives
- Ability to adapt and take on new challenges, problem-solving and to constantly learn from projects and the team
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail, every pixel has a purpose and a place
- Be awesome
- Love of frisbee
- Love of knowledge and learning from peers and team members
- Love dressing up in costumes to pull elaborate pranks on team members
- Ability to make our company even better
- (insert the usual stuff here)
*Please apply with an online portfolio link and or deployed project links
Speed. That’s something we’re known for around here. We work fast. Really fast. Our team uses Agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles to deliver our clients’ projects before the competition.
We’re a digital product studio which brings together product managers, designers and developers dedicated to creating winning web, mobile and IoT solutions. We plan, design, architect and build technology platforms and products—delivering world-class technology solutions for companies such as BuildDirect.com, Central 1 Credit Union, Monexa, Fatigue Science, Minnesota State Government, and the University of Alberta.
We have a casual and collaborative working environment and support flexible schedules. We're big on technology and creativity, and we believe that through teamwork (and several pints of Earnest Ice Cream and a few growlers from 33 Acres) we can reach amazing feats. Our office is located near Cambie and 8th, surrounded by pretty sweet coffee shops and eateries (Oh why hello there, Milano Coffee Roasters, Elysian Coffee and an awesome rotation of food trucks).
If you feel you’ll thrive in this environment and make a difference, you should definitely apply!