Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else.We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
We’re looking for a UI Designer (Pixel Artist) to be an essential part of our overall online customer experience – and that makes you kind of a big deal. We need someone who has an above-average eye for design, a portfolio stacked with award winning website UI designs and a “roll with the punches” kind of attitude. You will work within the front-end team among talented UX designers and developers and collaborate with product owners to create UI’s for some fundamental pieces of our online user experience – website landing pages, product applications, member portal and other parts of our online customer experience. The UI designer we’re looking for is fluent in a mobile-first & responsive design with a strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3, frameworks & grids and can expertly navigate the Adobe Creative Cloud. Check out the requirements below and if you have the goods, let us know.
Skills and Experience we'd like to see:
- Degree in a relevant field (digital media, interaction design, etc.)
- 3- 5 years professional experience with visual design for mobile-first & responsive websites and SaaS interfaces
- A strong portfolio that includes UI designs for e-commerce websites
- Experienced working with big brands and interpreting brand requirements, as well as UX, into sleek, modern interface designs
- Proficiency in industry tools including Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq and Axure
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, frameworks and grids with an understanding of how design choices translate in development
- Advanced visual design skills in typography for web, layout and composition, color theory, and use of photography
- Advanced experience with user-centric design, with a functionality and usability-first approach
- Highly creative and analytical, with an attention to detail
- Ability to take feedback, without ego, and turn it into rock-solid design solutions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, communicate progress and expected milestones and work independently
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please upload a professional and personal portfolio interface design that showcases a breadth of styles and approaches along with your cover letter and resume.