It’s an incredible opportunity for Glass Canvas to work alongside clients who are dedicated to doing “work that matters”. One of the ways we partner with organizations is to help them tell their stories; we share the essence of who they are and what they’re the best in the world at. In our high-tech world, one of the best ways that we can do that is through the digital experience. A smooth, intuitive user journey is key, and we’re looking for someone who combines user appreciation with a knack for design. The user comes first -- so your role is to make careful design decisions, translating any user experience journey into a smooth interaction. Previous experience designing web or mobile applications is required.
A day in the life of a UI Designer
Here are some of your job duties:
Coordinating with client leads and getting to really understand the client; who they are and what they do. You’ll need to have a good understanding of what makes the organization tick and the elements that users will need to interact with in their web journey.
Envisioning an intuitive, user friendly experience, and translating this into a solid, visually appealing design.
Staying up to date with the latest and greatest in design. You’ll need the ability to merge cutting-edge web design trends with a sense of the timeless.
Working within our team to bring together web design, strategy, content and technical implementation. You’ll have an important role to play in how an application both looks and works.
- Combining user appreciation with knowledge of front-end development and coding. You’ll be dreaming the web elements that a user will interact with at every step of their journey, and working the behind the scenes magic to make it a reality.
Do you have what it takes?
Here are a few things we are looking for:
We need you to be on top of your game. While we understand that it will take time to get used to being part of the team, we want you to be a proactive self-starter, who can handle ambiguity and uncertainty with minimal guidance.
Experience with modern web design and prototype tools, ie. Sketch, invision
We need you to have a great appreciation for users, and an understanding of how to shape the best user experience possible.
We need you to combine your understanding of user experience and design with a knowledge of its relationship with front-end development and coding.
We need you to be comfortable with technology. We’re the texting, “Slacking” (bonus points if you get it), Google Hangout-ing ‘kinda team.
We’re also the praying kind, so spiritual conversations are commonplace. While we don’t require you to practice a certain kind of faith, most of our team members and our clients come from a spiritual background. So an openness to spirituality and church culture would definitely be an asset.
What is Glass Canvas really like?
Glass Canvas is made up of bunch of tech wizards, visionaries, administrative superstars and powerful storytellers.
We’re always up for a new adventure because we’re stoked about changing the world together. We’re fiercely intentional about the Glass Canvas culture and we make sure we’re working with brilliant and inspiring individuals whom we can also call friends.
- We do work that matters. We create what moves people to change the world. Passion for doing work that matters is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
- We speak the unspoken. We’re honest with ourselves and with each other. We have a culture of “speaking the unspoken”. That doesn’t mean that we’re jerks to each other; it means that we will say or do what it takes to help us become better at what we do. It’s an attitude of challenging each other, with intentionality and love.
- Leaders are readers. We’re dedicated to continuous learning so we can always bring our A-Game. Audiobooks allowed encouraged.
- Human. We’re not robots so we don’t act like robots. Cookie-cutter solutions and jargon-laden content make us cringe.
- Our (not so) secret recipe. We all like each other and we’re each other’s biggest cheerleaders.