At Gap Adventures, we’re dedicated to changing people’s lives through authentic and sustainable adventure travel experiences. We require candidates who are dedicated to leading with service, committed to bringing about meaningful change by doing the right thing and are not afraid of embracing the bizarre. Our employees share the privilege of creating happiness and community with those around them as they seek to improve the world through travel.
Keen to work in the exciting and dynamic adventure travel industry? This is a rare opportunity to take responsibility of our dynamic brand in assisting the Canadian Sales and Marketing Teams with initiatives and campaigns designed to attract and retain customers through trade partnerships, advertising, promotions, events and sales materials. The successful candidate will be the primary liaison between sales and marketing and will be responsible for coordinating, trafficking and executing marketing projects submitted by sales team members and their partners.
- Work closely with National Sales Manager & Senior Marketing Manager to develop effective partner marketing plans with key accounts.
- Manage marketing requests from partners and execute partner related advertising efforts both online and offline.
- Act as liaison between sales team and marketing team to coordinate projects, resources and marketing materials for partners and Regional Sales Managers.
- Develop & maintain trade marketing calendar to track and streamline all marketing projects.
- Assist sales teams in management of events such as national trade shows to ensure maximum ROI and brand awareness from events.
- Analyze and report on all Canadian trade sales activity and campaigns as well as perform data entry, market research and competitor analysis.
- Conceptualize and execute on advertising creative and analyze response to advertising campaigns.
- Assist in management of annual trade advertising budget for Canada.
- University degree or College diploma in Marketing or Communications.
- 2+ years experience in a Marketing Coordinator role or similar.
- 2+ years experience performing advertising, online and offline marketing related projects and campaign management.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask with superior attention to detail.
- General creative principles including marketing mix, brand management and research techniques.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and/or experience using analytics tools.
- Travel background and strong industry knowledge is an asset.
- Extremely organized with ability to handle a high workload in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of Graphic Software such as Photoshop, Illustrator is an asset.
- Knowledge of editing HTML, using DreamWeaver, or similar, is an asset but not essential.
- Ability to embrace the bizarre and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.