Provides design and content support for Business Information Services (BIS) deliverables to customers, as well as proposal templates for general field use and other tools and collaterals. Works with Marketing to ensure consistent brand messaging.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the design and creation of content, and artwork, in support of proposals
- Manages the design and creation of content, and artwork, in support of Statements of Work.
- Works with both BIS Sales and operations representatives to provide custom content and design support for proposals.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction & binding.
- Proactively brings new material and ideas to the manager for consideration.
- Manages RFP/SOW Resource library.
- Provides presentation support and design
- Manages ad hoc projects requested by the field and other corporate departments.
- Maintains complete knowledge of existing Services and solution offerings and new initiatives as they are introduced at RCI
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Requires college degree in English/Technical Writing, Journalism or Communication.
- 1 to 3 years experience in technical writing or editing and ability to demonstrate knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of technical writing.
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative, and marketing.
- Experience in the Adobe & Microsoft suite of products, especially Photoshop, MS Visio and MS Word.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven technical writing and editing skills
- Extensive experience and knowledge of programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft SharePoint. Advanced skill in Microsoft Word and the creation and use of templates and styles
- Ability to advance with new technology
- Understanding of both Ricoh and customer corporate branding, logo usage and logo/image copyright restrictions
- Strong creative, organizational, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, manage multiple projects with constantly shifting workload and deadlines, and work effectively in a team
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop internal and customer facing content.
WORKING CONDITIONS, MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Typically, an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation, and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction. Prepare, provide and convey diversified information.
- Minimal physical effort required. Work is mostly sedentary, but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically with less than 10 lbs. (e.g., papers, books, files and small parts). Moderate dexterity--regular application of basic skills (calculator, keyboard, hand tools, eye/hand coordination.
- Business Acumen
- Marketing Knowledge
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.