Temporary, full-time position (from April 15, 2022 to April 13, 2024) – Guelph, ON
The College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS) – one of seven faculties at the University of Guelph – houses five Schools and Departments (Computer Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physics) with more than 150 tenure-track or tenured faculty members, more than 80 staff, and nearly 4,000 graduate and undergraduate students. With several major research centres and institutes, and an advanced research infrastructure, CEPS is involved in several high-profile external partnerships.
CEPS is seeking an innovative and collaborative Digital, Web Content and Social Media Officer to strengthen and grow its digital media presence. As this subject matter expert, you will be responsible for the strategic management of CEPS’ digital platforms, with an aim to support relationship-building with its stakeholders, build brand awareness, and drive recruitment investment in CEPS.
Acting as the College’s main digital media resource, design and best practice lead, you will work closely with other members of the CEPS communications team and academic units to plan, create, manage and evaluate strategic digital communications and multimedia projects to help achieve the College’s recruitment, marketing and communications, and external relations goals. More specifically, you will:
- Create, develop, manage and execute CEPS annual strategic social and digital media content plan to achieve the CEPS marketing communications strategy.
- Assess and evaluate staff and faculty needs, and identify and recommend opportunities for optimization.
- Implement and coordinate market, stakeholder and end-user feedback, and incorporate into future planning initiatives.
- Manage and update the CEPS website, reviewing all web content received for branding, accuracy, SEO best practice, and alignment with CEPS’ strategic plan before posting.
- In consultation with key stakeholders and faculty, develop and execute strategic social media campaigns (organic and paid), aligning with critical dates in CEPS’ operational cycle and working with relevant College communications personnel.
- Advise faculty, staff and College leadership on digital media and digital design best practice.
- Provide strategic planning and budget input for digital media.
- Assist in the development of the College’s newsletters, annual reports and other print and online publications, as needed.
- Collect and analyze data on CEPS’ digital media performance.
- Project manage outsourced marketing communications projects.
- Support filling digital media-related service gaps in the College’s academic units.
Meeting the expectations of the role of Digital, Web Content and Social Media Officer calls for a self-directed, resourceful digital communicator with a profile that includes:
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, journalism, graphic design, or a related program, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a relevant field, preferably within or working with an academic institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience managing social media accounts for a business and using content management systems such as Drupal, SharePoint, Canva, WordPress, Hootsuite, and/or Facebook Business Suite.
Demonstrated experience developing, executing, and evaluating strategic digital media campaigns and/or plans
Superior writing and editing skills.
Strong proficiency and experience in graphic design and visual communications.
Knowledge of design best practices and publishing processes.
Professional experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
Excellent demonstrated analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Relationship-building and stakeholder management skills.
Self-direction, with excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
Ability to think and act quickly, effectively, and resourcefully under pressure, exercising tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgement.
Videography, video editing, and photography experience, a strong asset.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the position of Digital, Web Content and Social Media Officer, please go to our website at www.uoguelph.ca/jobs. Applications, quoting Hiring #2022-0129, must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!