Close Date: 30 Nov 2015
The Technical Writer’s main focus will be to determine the needs of end users of technical documentation, and translate complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic documents.You will have a chance to work with the Client Services, and technical teams to manage the flow of information during development and testing, and document the information in easy to read terms/instructions.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating and updating product documentation in a business context
- API documentation
- Work with product specialists and customer service managers to improve end-user experience through product design changes.
- Perform editing, web design, and document publishing duties.
- Review documents and ensuring they are within the standards and guidelines
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions for the packaging and delivery of technical publications
- Assist with marketing content
- Work closely with technical teams to ensure appropriate creation and timely delivery of technical publications to coincide with product releases
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Creation of online videos, or manuals, depending on target audience
- Standardize all technical documentation across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as required
- Other duties as assigned by the COO or his designate.
What we're looking for in YOU:
- Strong understanding of complex information with the ability to communicate technical information in an easy to understand way
- Ability to use interactive technologies blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound, and video
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Be able to work independently, delivering accurate documentation under deadline pressure.
- Multimedia skills, such as blogging, Web design, and video production
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to think creatively and with imagination
- Knowledge of XML and HTML
- Experience in writing Technical Training Manuals, and Online Help Manuals
- Experience with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio)
- Experience with Adobe Software (Acrobat/Illustrator/Photoshop/Flash)
- Experience with various technical writing tools
- Experience writing for web / mobile SAAS companies
- Strong fluency in the English language
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or technology related discipline.
What you'll get:
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- competitive salary
- 5% RRSP company matching
- Free snacks and monthly catered lunches
- Internal social events
You'll have the chance to work with awesome people who've built amazing products!