The technical marketing team at Lumerical combines technical knowledge with strategic positioning and creativity to drive market share and customer growth of our photonic simulation and design products. Technical Marketing spearheads all internal activities focused on delivering a complete solution and customer experience to ensure the company’s success in strategic market segments.
As a Technical Marketing Manager, you’ll leverage your technical insight and creativity to develop initiatives and outbound content that engage a technically-sophisticated audience, explain complex topics, and drive product adoption in target market segments.
- Plan, design and deliver technical marketing programs and materials that clearly and effectively articulate the Lumerical story to customers and prospects, including: release notes, application notes, whitepapers, videos, presentations, training material, and webinars;
- Develop and communicate to relevant internal departments: market and customer analyses, business cases, pricing plans, product strategy and positioning;
- Collaborate with strategic partners, customers and prospects to identify and develop product requirements and specifications to achieve success in Lumerical’s target markets and applications;
- Work with technical support and sales teams to identify and close key strategic opportunities in designated target market segments;
- Identify potential partnerships and collaborations that enhance or complement Lumerical’s offering to ensure a best-in-class solution is available to our customers;
- Work with the customer experience team to continuously improve customer satisfaction for your target market segment to maximize customer lifetime value;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of competitive organizations, products, services and trends;
- Develop and deliver compelling product demonstrations at customer sites, exhibitions, trade shows or other relevant events; and
- Contribute customer and market segment insight and requirements to Product Management to aid in authoring Epics and User Stories and to support the company’s strategic development objectives.
- Five or more years experience in a technical marketing or applications engineering role supporting complex and/or technical software products;
- A physics, engineering or other relevant technical background;
- A passion for writing concise, clear explanations of complex topics;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams within a matrix management setting; and
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Any of the following additional qualifications would be considered an asset:
- Experience with agile product development methods. Familiarity with writing Epics and User Stories;
- Experience using Lumerical’s products or other photonic design products;
- Familiarity with photonics and typical applications of photonics; and
- Experience in marketing complex software products to R&D professionals.