Quarry is the buyer engagement agency for savvy marketers who want to transform their brands, and we’re seeking a highly skilled, versatile writer with leadership experience to head up our content creation team.
Our clients span a broad range of industries and audiences, with one element in common: all market highly engineered goods and services across a complex buying journey. The successful applicant has agency experience, gets excited about the next great creative concept, has experience writing for marketing/persuasive purposes, and enjoys leading a team of creative professionals, providing continual opportunities for them to learn and share their expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Provide both formal and informal leadership for 5–10 teammates
- Write compelling copy for print and digital media (email, online, trade pubs, advertising, videos, print, DM, radio) and for multiple purposes (brand building, content marketing, demand generation)
- Translate product-speak into real-world benefits across longer formats like tech sheets, advertorials, presentations, case studies and whitepapers
- Collaborate with strategists, experience designers and creative directors
- Imagine and articulate original, strategy-based, persuasive creative concepts
- Juggle the requirements of multiple clients, both internal and external
- Review/edit/direct day-to-day work of content creators and freelancers as necessary to ensure every job gets done well, on time and on brand for our clients
What you need:
- 8+ years of professional writing experience, ideally in a B2B marketing environment
- Thorough understanding of how audience, context, media and purpose influence the creation of relevant content
- Ability to thoughtfully provide (and receive) constructive feedback
- Experience in managing a team of creative professionals
- Capacity to work under tight timelines and competing demands
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- Boundless curiosity and joy in learning
If you want to grow your writing career in a dynamic, collaborative atmosphere where you’ll mentor smart people, contribute to strategy and campaign planning and create resonant content across media––and you have the experience, storytelling chops and writing skills to back up your desire––then you could be a great fit to join our team.