The Digital Engagement Strategist is responsible for supporting and optimizing the UFV alumni and donor experience. The focus of this position is to coordinate and implement UFV’s presence on digital media platforms to grow the digital reach and help achieve overall engagement goals for UFV’s Alumni Relations and Advancement teams. This role works in partnership with UFV Marketing to create a yearly strategic engagement plan, then executes digital engagement and marketing efforts to promote UFV Alumni Relations’ and Advancement programming, services, and resources in a professional and efficient manner.
The Digital Engagement Strategist uses their strong creative and writing skills to drive engagement goals, helping to enhance the UFV brand and awareness, and improve digital engagement with the UFV community. The Strategist leverages digital touchpoints, platforms, and campaigns to enhance the user experience and delivers on Alumni Relations’ and Advancement’s digital engagement and marketing objectives. This position provides most of their time to Alumni Relations and the remainder assisting and executing the Advancement team’s social media strategy, and e-newsletters.
- Degree in marketing, business advertising, direct marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in social media, digital marketing and web including experience in direct marketing, sales, PR, communications or a combination of work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, graphic design and search engine optimization.
- Working knowledge and proven success with online marketing tactics such as SEM, SEO, PPC, display ads, content marketing, and retargeting.
- Adept at building and leveraging a network of relationships to achieve goals.
- Project management experience, including project coordination and managing approval processes for clients.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, digital marketing tools, as well as social media scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines and make quick, appropriate decisions when challenged.
- Practical understanding of content management systems, including maintenance of existing content, form management, and creation of new posts, pages, and events Fluency in web languages and platforms (i.e. HTML, CSS) and experience with web analytics and SEO.
- Recent social media, digital and direct marketing certifications are an asset.
- Must be a responsible, mature, outgoing, enthusiastic team player who is results-oriented and dedicated to team success.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills with a passion for creating engaging marketing content.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail. Able to maintain quality control and consistency in the branding of digital campaigns.
- Experience in fostering effective communication within and among internal groups, clients and external stakeholders.
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the traditional territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in Stó:lo Temexw (Stó:lo Land; Stó:lo World). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and Integrated Strategic Plan: IYAQAWTXW — which means House of Transformation. This commitment includes the goal of centering Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
Indigenization, equity, and diversity are essential to our work as a university. A diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented and marginalized. At UFV, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we proudly serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, members of groups that experience discrimination due to race, colour, place of origin, ancestry, and/or religion, persons who identify as women and 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. We invite applicants to complete a confidential self-identification survey as part of the application process. All questions are voluntary, with an option to decline to answer. Information will be used to support efforts to broaden the diversity of the recruitment process, and results are not shared with the selection committee. Inquiries about the survey may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!