The Digital Engagement Strategist is responsible for supporting and optimizing the UFV alumni experience. The focus of this position is to coordinate and implement UFV’s presence on digital media platforms to grow the digital reach and help achieve overall engagement goals for UFV alumni relations. This role works in partnership with UFV Marketing to create a yearly strategic engagement plan, then executes digital engagement and marketing efforts to promote UFV Advancement and Alumni Relations’ programming, services, and resources in a professional and efficient manner.
The Digital Engagement Strategist uses their strong creative and writing skills to drive alumni engagement goals, helping to enhance the UFV brand and awareness, and improve digital engagement with the UFV community. Leveraging previous experience and industry best practices, this position has a firm grasp of how digital touchpoints, platforms, and campaigns enhance the user experience and deliver on Advancement and Alumni Relations’ digital engagement and marketing objectives.
- Degree in marketing, business advertising, direct marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in social media, digital marketing and web including experience in direct marketing, sales, PR, communications or a combination of work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, graphic design and search engine optimization.
- Working knowledge and proven success with online marketing tactics such as SEM, SEO, PPC, display ads, content marketing, and retargeting
- Adept at building and leveraging a network of relationships to achieve goals.
- Project management experience, including project coordination and managing approval processes for clients.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, digital marketing tools, as well as social media scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines and make quick, appropriate decisions when challenged.
- Practical understanding of content management systems, including maintenance of existing content, form management, and creation of new posts, pages, and events
- Fluency in web languages and platforms (i.e. HTML, CSS) and experience with web analytics and SEO.
- Recent social media, digital and direct marketing certifications are an asset.
- Must be a responsible, mature, outgoing, enthusiastic team player who is results-oriented and dedicated to team success.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills with a passion for creating engaging marketing content.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail. Able to maintain quality control and consistency in the branding of digital campaigns.
- Experience in fostering effective communication within and among internal groups, clients and external stakeholders.
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the unceded (ancestral) territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in S’olh Temexw (Our World; Our Land). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and our Education Plan. This commitment includes the goal of centring Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.