This position supports the Advertising and Promotions Marketing Team in driving same store sales of gift cards throughout our retail distribution partners. This person would be responsible for developing and executing marketing and promotional strategies and tactics and merchandising to drive sales for Blackhawk. This position is also responsible for client relations (internal/external), campaign development and strategy, project management, and implementation and pre/post project assessment. Key candidate is detailed and solution focused in looking to drive sales and create promotional tools that attract and retain Distribution and Card Partner customers alike. This position reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Blackhawk Network is seeking a passionate Sr. Marketing Specialist to support Closed Loop, Open Loop and General Purpose Reloadable Prepaid Products (Financial Services) in brick-and-mortar Distribution Partners. The position will be responsible for the delivery of the marketing plans to achieve business volume, revenue, and net earnings targets. Working closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing, this position will identify trends and execute marketing programs to increase sales, profitability and foot traffic through retail marketing and an integrated marketing mix.
The ideal candidate will have a strong retail and marketing background - preferably from a leading brand. Prepaid card or financial services experience a plus.
- Provide marketing support to Business Development and Distribution Sales teams such as developing sales materials, presentations, and drive marketing brainstorming and planning discussions, develop and maintain marketing program calendars
- Maintain strong communication with internal and external clients with a focus on customer service and conflict resolution
- Identify and leverage marketing opportunities within new distribution partners to drive Blackhawk product sales
- Develop and execute marketing programs for new Blackhawk initiatives
- Marketing programs may include but are not limited to: program development, creation sell in documents, creative development and messaging, marketing plan and timelines, communication strategy, merchandising and fulfillment (clip strips, shippers, kitting) of program and budget management
- Work with print vendors and various third parties on pricing and execute programs
- Forecast and analysis marketing programs and develop overviews of executed marketing program outlining successes and failures
- Identify and incorporate industry facts and studies surrounding major gift-giving occasions that aid in the development and support of new marketing initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Sales & Marketing or other executives
- Provide the VP of Sales & Marketing or other executives with suggestions and ideas on a regular basis for how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental operations
- University graduate with marketing, communications and/or advertising emphasis; Graduate degree a plus
- Marketing and merchandising and operational experience in retail
- Creative, resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Experience working with retail clients, sales executives and account management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere; must excel under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated willingness to work as a member of a team and interface appropriately and effectively to accomplish departmental goals and objectives
- Must be detail oriented, and possess strong organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a client-focused orientation
- High degree of initiative and keen sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate with excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet savvy; Background in graphics and design a plus
- French verbal and written literacy is a plus
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAWK) is a leading prepaid and payments global company, which supports the program management and distribution of gift cards, prepaid telecom products and financial service products in a number of different retail, digital and incentive channels. Blackhawk’s digital platform supports prepaid across a network of digital distribution partners including retailers, financial service providers, and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Achievers Employee Success Platform™ enables social recognition, which dramatically increases employee engagement and drives business success.
Blackhawk Network, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Blackhawk Network, Inc. believes that diversity leads to strength.