IDEXX Laboratories is looking to bring on a Sr. Marketing Manager that would be responsible for designing, developing and implementing marketing programs and pricing strategies to support the total portfolio of products and services. This is an exciting opportunity to develop overall marketing and branding strategies, promotional programs, and related activities ensuring that new and existing products meet organizational goals and expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for marketing and program management of new products and integration to the portfolio of business.
- Formulate marketing tactics and strategic plans for one or more product lines. May coordinate the strategic plans of other Marketing Managers to ensure that the planning process is effective, efficient and assists in meeting long-term objectives.
- Develop and oversee marketing project financials; forecast revenues and marketing expenses; and develop pricing strategies.
- Manage branding, image positioning, and message of assigned product lines.
- Design and implement revenue generating programs for existing products.
- Direct marketing communication efforts for assigned product lines. May set visions and objectives for initiatives and garner approval and commitment.
- Guide and monitor marketing programs in conjunction with area managers to achieve strategic objectives and financial goals.
- Generate sales and marketing materials, including seminars, newsletters, and advertisements. Ensure sales training is first class.
- Create and grow alliances with industry experts and associations in support of the business.
- Lead competitive and market analysis to anticipate competitive strategies and offerings.
- Lead major marketing initiatives including customer loyalty and marketing.
- Create and implement marketing programs designed to increase the utilization of IDEXX products.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally and with outside agencies. Ensure optimum marketing and sales communication across the division. Collaborate with the sales team to move products into the marketplace.
- Responsible for attaining expert knowledge on the business and application of the product worldwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Science, or a related discipline. MBA or DVM nice to have.
- 8+ years relevant industry experience including strategy development, development and commercialization of new products and core marketing activities.
- Experienced in design and execute marketing strategies for our lines of business, manage the day-to-day activities of the business, identify future opportunities, and provide leadership for the organization.
- Typically works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Works on significant and unique issues.
- Product and/or brand management preferred
- Global experience a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated marketing and product management skills
- Strong technical and market knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to anticipate and resolve issues
- Ability to prioritize, maintain focus, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to develop and implement strategic programs
- Ability to manage strategy and details concurrently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and explain product information to all audiences
- Proven ability to work in and lead teams which are highly matrixed, cross functional and technical.
- Financial acumen and budget management skills
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 6,000+ people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people with outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!