What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. In Canada, Walmart was established in 1994 through the acquisition of the Woolco Chain and has grown to over 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers every day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca is visited by over 600,000 customers daily. With over 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employees and is ranked as one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $250 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
The Sr. Category Marketing Manager is accountable for the end to end Omni channel marketing plans and execution to achieve company business goals, through complex businesses. Leads seasonal cross category planning with category marketing team, influencing seasonal event strategies and integrating plans across the business.
This associate identifies process opportunities and acts as a mentor to the CMM team through problem solving and implementing best practices across all areas of accountability. Leads and coaches Associate CMM in executing category marketing plans for relevant SBU’s.
- Partner with merchants and cross functional stakeholders to understand business strategy and goals, translate business objectives into customer focused, brand right marketing plans
- Lead strategic marketing planning, integrating cross functional inputs to deliver annual Omni channel customer marketing plan
- Build marketing briefs to inform internal (comm’s) and external (agency) partners to understand and activate Omni Channel comm’s plan
- Manage Vendor relationships to support WMG negotiations
- Quarterly merchant planning with key support partners to execute detailed Omni plans
- Lead through execution, understanding all cross functional/cross departmental dependencies and timelines
- Understand performance to influence and develop future planning and processes
- Coach and develop Associate Category Marketing Manager direct report to ensure seamless support of administrative functions and ownership of a key piece of business under the SCMM direction. Develop best practices within the CMM function to ensure consistency of support across SBUs.
Process project management savvy Insights/customer-minded & analytical Omni-channel marketing savvy Communications skills – leading meetings, work sessions, brainstorming, planning sessions, iterations and briefing development discussions; presentation skills People management/leadership Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 8+ years of experience required
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.