Saje Natural Wellness is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have created over 500 products that are sold exclusively through our own growing retail locations and ecommerce channel. Our goal is to double the current location store count within the next two years, ensuring we have spread our Natural Wellness across the Canadian marketplace.
We have recently been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and so with that type of vision in mind we need outstanding people that can join our dynamic team and help us achieve our goals. Our most important goal is connecting more people with the healing power of plants. Helping people feel better through 100% natural remedies and products motivates us, and this extends to our team and workplace.
We have built an environment that fosters people, wellness and of course awesomeness!! We hope you are the right fit to join our team and come along on this journey with us!
The Sr. Graphic Designer - Product lives and dreams in 3-dimensions. This role will report into the Creative Director/ Head of Product and will be a part of leading the Graphic Design team. You will be responsible for the creative process from design to execution of all of our packaging requirements. You are very aware of your tactile senses and beautiful, visual appeal is truly your master craft. You will be responsible for ensuring all of our packaging is on brand and consistently evolving. You are on the edge of design innovation and most passionate about the details, always.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director to bring the vision of a few words to life. You thrive on creative jam sessions and love idea-collaborating to get to a remarkable end result. You appreciate creative input and are known to be an idea generator.
- You will co-lead all seasonal/product launches and ensure that when our product hits the shelf - it is wrapped in authentic Saje love.
- You will manage any necessary external partnerships or vendor relationships.
- You will leverage your knowledge of design and cultural trends to guide our brand and packaging esthetic. You understand the beauty in embossed printing, know when to use copper foil and love creating textured, interesting pieces.
- You will manage the complete design lifecycle from conception through to execution of packaging - this will require remarkable project management prowess which you feel confident in.
- You will provide inspiration, feedback and leadership to your team and cross-functional partners that contribute to the creative process.
- Minimum of 5 years of design related experience is preferred (at least 2 at a senior level), ideally you have had at least 1 direct report previously.
- Master of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience with MAC software applications and document management.
- Demonstrate strong visual aesthetic, written and oral communication skills.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design or relevant real-world visual communication experience.
- In-depth understanding of web/interaction design, cultural and visual merchandise trends.
- A deep passion for innovation and pushing the status quo.
- May dream of one day being an Art Director.