The Senior Graphic Designer will work under general supervision to create and coordinate the creation of digital and printed graphic materials. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools to develop comprehensive layouts and drive the production of marketing collateral. The Senior Graphic Designer may also coordinate, lead and guide the work of junior graphic designers, web administrators, print operators, project coordinators and/or student interns.
Reporting to: Creative Director
Direct Reports: none
Indirect Reports: Graphic Designers
- Set the tone for Marketing Design across the organization ensuring art production meets organizational standards for Accessibility, Taste and Sale-ability.
- Design digital and printed materials for trade exhibits, displays, catalogs, marketing materials, Web sites, and other channels.
- Set design standards via style sheets across the company ensuring brand message is consistent throughout all marketing.
- Create digital page layouts using publishing software.
- Conceptualize and design tear sheets, advertisements, brochures, logos, signage, and other exhibits/displays.
- Plan production schedules and workflow for the entire design process within the marketing function for the organization.
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate.
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Identify, source, and select vendors/service providers for various marketing and production related projects as assigned.
- Recommend and/or select the appropriate media and materials (e.g. paper, ink, etc.).
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards.
- Provides graphic design assistance to production personnel, content authors, publishers, clients, and/or vendors/service providers
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other company content.
- Where necessary, write and edit marketing copy, Web copy and other marketing language including but not limited to, newsletters, e-blasts and e-catalogues, rep kits and social media communication.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of relevant design tools and technologies.
- Accurately track and document organizational licensing processes as they relate to Design and Marketing functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED, Graduate of relevant design program preferred.
- At least 5 years of direct work experience as a graphic designer with a minimum of two in a leadership role.
- RGD designation strongly preferred.
- Expert level in adobe suite in particular Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
- Solid design and conceptual skills with an awareness of current and future trends.
- Strong knowledge of page layout, digital and litho print requirements in typography and image layout.
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Able to identify, select, and coordinate vendors for printing needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and/or content owners.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Some experience supervising, mentoring and training junior staff.
- Budget management skills for the production of digital or traditional media.
- Ability to develop print specifications.
- Experience creating workflows and work schedules.